Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can smell my neighbors' pot in MY apt

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
No lie.
I have new neighbors, directly across the way from my apartment. They're young kids, 21 tops. But they are ALWAYS smoking. I go out in the morning, I can smell their pot. Middle of the day, I can smell their pot. It's a really narrow building/hallway. I can smell it down the hallway approaching our doors. Sometimes it's strong enough that I can actually smell it IN my apartment, by the hallway where the door is.
I don't have a problem with pot. I don't smoke but my boyfriend, best friend, and father do, plus a lot of other people I know. I don't care about pot, I think it should be legal.
The thing is, DS always smells it and asks me what that smell is. He's 4.
It annoys me that it's so excessive that DS notices it throughout the day. I just don't know how I feel about it, and whether or not I should do anything about it. I feel it's hypocritical to want to do something about it, but at the same time, I don't want my kid smelling it.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Sapphire Member on May. 24, 2013 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Is it illegal by you? I'd be a bitch and call the cops.
Groove
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 6:22 PM
5 moms liked this
Have you knocked on their door and been like "Hey, open some windows." most stoners are laid back and would probably apologize.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_dearest_
by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:22 PM

FREE HIGH!!!

j/j

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 6:23 PM
So move? Or join them and shut the fuck up
LoveNaCupcake
by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:23 PM

We must live in the same apartment because I have the exact same thing going on, it's legal here though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 24, 2013 at 6:24 PM
3 moms liked this
Tell them to put a fan in the window, burn incense and put a towel in front of the door. Problem solved.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 6:25 PM
It's not legal here

Quoting LoveNaCupcake:

We must live in the same apartment because I have the exact same thing going on, it's legal here though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Bump
lalaboosh
by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Tell him it's smoke.
delilahsmom1177
by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:29 PM

I would talk to them maybe they can get one of thiose things for under the door to keep the cold air out? Maybe some air freshner(them not you) It is good that you have an open miond about it because IMO that will make them more inclinded to be more descreate.

I'm tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)