Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So angry!!!!!!!!!!(kind of long)

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:55 PM
  • 59 Replies

OK so my parents split when I was 3. My mom was with a wonderful man who she is not with anymore but is still like my daddy. I call him daily and always send him pix of DD and whatnot. My father was with a wonderful woman who also is no longer with but I talk to her all the time. So my father married a woman when I was 8 years old. Carol. She was at the time not that great to me..or so I thought. Now as an adult I look back and say OMG I treated her like an evil stepmom when all she did was want the best for me. At 14 I went to live with my father and stepmom and we REALLY did not get along at all. However now looking back I realized it was my fault. She also had no children and did not really know how to handle me. Anyway I had my gall blader removed 2 years ago and she made my father take 2 days off from work and drove to the hospital over an hour away from them just to be by my side. That Christmas she sent a HUGE box of gifts for DD.One for me the rest for DD and that was fine with me(still have the jammie set my step mommy got me) Well we had a small falling out that summer. I then learned in August she had gotten her stonach stapled(whatever it is now) and she got an infection and was very sick. I felt horribly and tried to get to her but I couldn't. I don't drive and I was in my hometown which is 4 hours from them. Anyway Sept.7th my wonderfully amazing step mom passed away in my fathers arms as he cried. Now less than 2 years later that POS is already re-married. Says how he found the love of his life all that nonsense. How he ha a new life and loves it. He has gone on vacation 3 times in the past 2 months HOURS away but wont come see his ONLY grandchild. He is now building a pool in his yard but claims he is broke. I mean that isn't a big deal I dont need nor do I want his money. It is just the fact that he has this new life and his kids and grandchild mean nothing now. Just had to get it out.

I'm tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 24, 2013 at 7:41 PM
I was told men remarry faster than women. My mil passed away January 2010, my fil remarried July 2010. I was floored when he asked dh to be best man not even 2 months after mil passed.
cLanief
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:42 PM
5 moms liked this
Grow up.. you're an adult.
delilahsmom1177
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:48 PM

And that means I cant get upset about my father is completly disrespecting my step mother, myself and my sister?

Quoting cLanief:

I'm tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 7:50 PM
My Mom passed in Nov 2006 and my Dad was in a serious relationship by the following March. He had been married to my Mom for over 34 years. He's now remarried and I'm not crazy about his wife but I grit my teeth and deal with her as best as I can. I want to have a good relationship with my Dad and his new wife is part of the package now. Plus I wouldn't want my Dad to be shitty towards my DH - I treat his spouse how I want mine to be treated.
gigis1
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:53 PM
I'm guessing he's getting old. Times a ticking
Anastacia1988
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:55 PM
2 moms liked this
He's not disrespectful by remarrying if his wife is dead. If he's your dad he probably doesn't have long to live . Do your best to let him enjoy the rest of his life .
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 24, 2013 at 7:55 PM
The man who raised me dropped me like a hot potato when he re-married and adopted a child. I am not going to lie and say it doesn't hurt because that would be a lie. I know what it feels like to be betrayed.
LeahJ
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:56 PM
How is he doing that? It's been two years,not two weeks. Sheesh. Should he mourn her forever?

Quoting delilahsmom1177:

And that means I cant get upset about my father is completly disrespecting my step mother, myself and my sister?

Quoting cLanief:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 24, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Get over it. He doesn't want to be lonely.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 24, 2013 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this
We really didn't need all of that background either.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN