Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

men with ppd!?

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:01 PM
  • 8 Replies
My husband just asked me if I thought he had post partum depression. I couldn't help it, I started laughing. My question is now, can MEN get symptoms of ppd? I never had it at all so I'm not even sure how it is. I know some men take on some "sympathy symptoms" of pregnancy, but I'm really not sure. Btw, our dd is a year and a half and he's just now asking.
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
wkukid
by Beach Bum on May. 24, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Maybe he misses his sperm? I dunno lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 24, 2013 at 7:05 PM

IDK if its PPD but maybe he is feeling depressed and it asking for help and you laughed at him...

dblhlx
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Is that what cause ppd in women? Missing being pregnant? Idk, his sperm is currently wallowing his stomach eating a toddler cookie. Lol

Quoting wkukid:

Maybe he misses his sperm? I dunno lol.

dblhlx
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Yeah I know, I feel kinda bad, but it was just random right after him getting over a laughing fit with the baby.

Quoting Anonymous:

IDK if its PPD but maybe he is feeling depressed and it asking for help and you laughed at him...

Ms.Pteranodon
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Maybe it is more of he misses having a baby?

Quoting dblhlx:

Yeah I know, I feel kinda bad, but it was just random right after him getting over a laughing fit with the baby.

Quoting Anonymous:

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on May. 24, 2013 at 7:09 PM

I think it may be real.

dblhlx
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Idk. He plays with her all the time. She's only a year and a half old so she has A LOT of growing up to do.

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

Maybe it is more of he misses having a baby?

Quoting dblhlx:

Quoting Anonymous:

paulswifey11
by TashaL on May. 24, 2013 at 7:22 PM
It's real. Not sure what it is called. Maybe he should see someone.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)