Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How would you feel if you found out when you where a baby you were....(and random thoughts)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

(I hope I am WRONG but I am guessing this post will quickly get ignored & most will not reply to it... This topic comes up often & usually gets 100+ replies... But answering certain question can be difficult for some to answer honestly... --- Please answer question in RED at the bottom of the post....  :)

You grow up only knowing what your body looks & feels like. Not knowing anything different.. Then one day, somehow, you learn that when you where a baby (girl) you where circumcised. Your parents chose to remove part of your female body parts so you wouldnt smell bad down their & your risk of STDs, & yeast infections would be decreased..(The Stallings Study found that female circumcision reduces transmission of the AIDS virus, while other studies have shown that it increases transmission)

(I am a white American, non-Muslim woman who was circumcised as a toddler by the same pediatrician that circumcised my brothers and at the same hospital at which I was born. I have no clitoral hood and only a V shaped scar and the tiniest bit of inner labia they were kind enough to leave behind. When I married young to my now ex-husband on our honeymoon he said, "I have never seen a vagina like yours! It is amazingly perfect, too perfect, like something is missing." Can I orgasm? Yes I can. Within about sixty seconds of sexual contact I orgasm.)

1997 Playgirl promotes Female Circumcision.

“Not long ago a friend of mine was circumcised. My friend is a woman….It sounded good. Greater sexual sensations, closer communication with one’s partner, higher levels of orgasm.”

“An awesome 75% of women are hindered from feeling the full extent of sensations, due to a condition which is most commonly known as “hooded clitoris”

“I told her I thought the idea was great and was having it done myself. With a blank expression she managed a feeble smile, picked up some cat-food and fled.

Medical benefits of female circumcision

It prevents unpleasant odours which result from foul secretions beneath the prepuce.
It reduces the incidence of urinary tract infections
It reduces the incidence of infections of the reproductive system.
In the book on Traditions that affect the health of women and children, which was published by the World Health Organization in 1979 it says:
With regard to the type of female circumcision which involves removal of the prepuce of the clitoris, which is similar to male circumcision, no harmful health effects have been noted.

We all know the dimensions of Islam, and that everything in it must be good in all aspects, including health aspects. If the benefits are not apparent now, they will become known in the future, as has happened with regard to male circumcision – the world now knows its benefits and it has become widespread among all nations despite the opposition of some groups.

How would you feel if as a baby you where circumcised safely at a hospital under anesthesia?

Are you glad that in the USA females are protected from circumcision? How would you feel if Female Circumcision where to be legal (it only became illegal in 1996) and became a growing trend for health benefits. In other countries that allow female circ- they DO say there are health benefits!

(edited for small spelling errors)

Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 7:26 PM

I would be pissed off. Thats my favorite thing on my body!

l0nely
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:27 PM
I'm not sure what to think about that
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 24, 2013 at 7:35 PM

How exactly did they get this done by a doctor when it is illegal? Was it done at home? Have you spoken to them about it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 24, 2013 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I see nothing wrong with it if it's done safely at a hospital (or similar setting) and precautions are taken. I wouldn't want it done myself or have it done to my daughters, but I see nothing wrong with the choice for those who do it.

paganbaby
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:38 PM

I think it would depend if most of women I know were also circed.

All in all, I think it's best left up to the child when they're old enough to make the decision themselves.

gigis1
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:39 PM
I'd feel confused if it hapened to me and I dont care if it is legal as long as it is ones choice to do it to self
MrsErdos2011
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Honestly, you can't miss something you never had. 

Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

How exactly did they get this done by a doctor when it is illegal? Was it done at home? Have you spoken to them about it?

Female circumcision was legal, and in fact often covered by insurrance, in the US until 1996.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 24, 2013 at 7:46 PM
3 moms liked this

LMAO@ you pretending this is your story... It's old news and stolen off the internet.

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on May. 24, 2013 at 7:47 PM
I'm against any type of circumcision.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN