Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I love my job!

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:25 PM
  • 2 Replies
I just read this CafeMome article:

http://thestir.cafemom.com/big_kid/155975/are_moms_asking_for_too?result=comment_added&comment_state=member&success=1#comment_3271130

I am a working parent and this article made me realize how awesome my job is and how lucky I am to have it. My employers are super flexible, maybe because my bosses both have young kids like me. I work for a TV station as the Traffic Supervisor (I schedule commercials, programs, oversee the Traffic Coordinator, basically make sure everything runs smoothly).

If my kids are ever sick, I can leave early or take the day off last minutes, no questions asked. I don't work weekends and get paid holidays off, and have a bunch of vacation time, floater days, personal days, sick days, and an unlimited amount of unpaid days off. I can even work from home if I needed to (though haven't taken advantage of that yet). My last job was not flexible at all. I feel bad for complaining about my job. I guess there aren't a lot of careers that offer job security, flexibility, and good pay. I suppose I'm lucky. My hubby's job is pretty flexible, too, but not nearly as much as mine

How about you other working moms? Is your job as flexible as mine?
by on May. 24, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 24, 2013 at 7:33 PM

My job is very flexible. I'm a teacher in a pre-school and all of the teachers and the director/owners have kids so they understand if I need to leave early or can't come in. 

Lauriemom
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Pretty flexible! I work in an elementary school as a special ed aide and not only do I get all the same days off as my kids, if I have to call in last minute (rarely but it happens) no one thinks twice about it.  Plenty of people are looking to fill in by picking up extra hours so it is almost never a problem getting my classes covered.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)