Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help, there's a black rat snake in my house!

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:00 PM
  • 55 Replies

No kidding...I was on the computer and looked over and it was curled up watching me!  It's about 4' long but on the thin side.  I have guinea pigs and birds and I'm terrified.  I called the police but it slithered away right before they showed up.    I bought a mouse and some glue traps and set up a bait trap to try and catch it, but I have no idea where it is.  It's cold out tonight, so I'm guessing it'll be back in to stay warm.  Does anyone have any productive information or suggestions?  I'm so unnerved and on edge.  Both kids have been sleeping with me. The pigs are at my moms house, but the bird cages are too big.

by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
invisibleme
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:01 PM
2 moms liked this
Id be gone. I'm terrified of snakes.
Redwoods_Mama
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Err... pick him up and toss him outside?

He isn't venomous, and they're usually very chill.  I've seen people pull huge ones out of chicken coops, and the snake will just be all "Ugh, fine.... can I just slither over to that leaf pile, no harm no foul?"  lol

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on May. 24, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Do you have wildlife people in your town?
brandydesiree
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:02 PM
It's not poisonous. Just catch it and put it outside. Grab it right behind its head with one hand and the end of his tail with the other.
Redwoods_Mama
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:02 PM
2 moms liked this

I would consider plugging in a heating pad in a corner and watching it, if he's gone who-knows-where.

BEXi
by BEXi on May. 24, 2013 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this

OH HELLLLL NO!

Im so sorry I havent experienced this.

niki_hubbard
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this

google all star animal removal in your area. They are all over! They will come get the booger.. and I assume help to find him. Id be gone, and leaving them a key under the mat! lol

EvaTheDiva29
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this

wrap the bird cage in a huge sheet. tie it tight. if the head can fit, the body can fit. i wouldn't worry about it. when you see it again, be a bad ass and snatch that sucker up and put it outside! lol

bowribbonmama
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:06 PM
I can't get past the fact that you called the police. I think an animal removal service would be better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whoodathunk
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Will you come over and do that?  I'm terrified of snakes.  I tried to be brave and get it into a pot, but the thing moved so fast I had no chance.  I was told that they're very aggressive and to grab it by the head...not me!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)