Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

putting weight on my DD

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
So we were at the doctor today and DD has lost two pounds since the beginning of April. Her doctor really wants me to put some weight on her over the summer and I am looking for healthy ways to do it. I don't want to just give her junk food, but healthy weight gaining foods. Any suggestions?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kiddycat73
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:13 PM
Avocado, cheese, mayonnaise, whole milk, nuts, butter...all high fat foods that my son's ped recommended we increase in his diet when we were having the same problem with him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Thank you! The problem is that she eats all the time, she is just really thin, considered underweight by bmi. She is healthy, she just needs to put on a few pounds.

Quoting kiddycat73:

Avocado, cheese, mayonnaise, whole milk, nuts, butter...all high fat foods that my son's ped recommended we increase in his diet when we were having the same problem with him.

Cymbeline
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Avacado, healthy carbohydrates, and nuts.

My daughter currently has a BMI of 11, and we will be using the above as well as Pediasure when she's home from the hospital.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 8:20 PM

How old is DD, how tall, and what weight? 

.strawberry.
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Peanut butter (the real stuff, which yes is typically more expensive), real butter and add it to dishes like pasta or on toast, nuts, whole fat milk, cheese, greek yogurt.  Basically we were told to do a lot of dairy and nuts. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 8:25 PM
She is 8, just turned 8, 44 pounds and either 49 1/2 or 50 inches.
twin_mama_x_2
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Pediasure is what a friend of mine used w her daughter..
Isaacsmom913
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Our doc suggested pediasure for our inder weight 20 month old. We also push protein like crazy.
Finch28
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Ensure shakes

Eggs

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 8:30 PM
I was told today that she is at 12.3. She has always been small but her doctor is worried for the first time. I want to put a few pounds on her but I don't want her to become obsessive about her weight. We eat pretty healthy as it is, so I'm at a loss of what to do. I considered doing pediasure or even slim fast in addition to her meals and snacks.

Quoting Cymbeline:

Avacado, healthy carbohydrates, and nuts.

My daughter currently has a BMI of 11, and we will be using the above as well as Pediasure when she's home from the hospital.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)