Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Having a miscarriage is not the same as losing your baby after it's born!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 74 Replies

This is what I over heard at the Dr.'s today by some older lady to her grand daughter. From what I could over hear I guess she had a miscarriage and she was crying for the loss of the baby. The grandmother told her to be quite what are you crying for anyways try losing 2 babys at different times then come back to me about how hard it is.

I was shock I could not believe this. I don't think it matters weather it is a miscarriage or after the birth losing a child is hard either way correct me if I am wrong but I did ask my sister this because she had a miscarriage and she says she will think about it once in a while because even though she never got to know the baby and did not know the sex she still wonders sometimes what it would have been like and then again she would not have had her son.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LeahJ
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:14 PM
I don't know. I've never had either happen, so I've been very lucky. And i don't think it does any good to compare grief. but I can kinda see her point. I think maybe losing a living, breathing child would be harder than a miscarriage at eight or twelve weeks. But I think it will depend on the person too.
Moe1521
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:17 PM
I don't know one person who has suffered losing an unborn and already born child. My great grandma outlived most of her children. My mother had a miscarriage. I would imagine both are hard... I just think there might be a difference. Say for example someone loses their pregnancy at 20 weeks. That's got to be tough. But if it happened to me, I think I would have a harder time losing a living breathing child, because I had held them, and physically given them love and affection, and depending on their age, had gotten to know them. I hope that makes sense....

I'm sorry for the people who have suffered those losses.
got2monsters
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:19 PM
ive never lost a baby after birth, but ive had three miscarraiges, and yes it make me sad, but i didnt hurt near as badly as if i lost one of my children now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashley_Carlson
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:20 PM
2 moms liked this

I've suffered two miscarriages, and lost my daughter at 13 months. The pain is exactly the same. That old lady is a cunt. 

risaspieces
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:22 PM
I've had a mc, but didn't know I was pregnant until I went to the doctor. But my paternal grandmother had a still birth a d many mcs, she has told me both hurt a lot just in different ways. She still thinks about her babies that she lost and gets a little sad.
BrainFarts
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know what weather has to do with it!

paulswifey11
by TashaL on May. 24, 2013 at 8:23 PM
I miscarried in January. The pain hurts so damn bad. It is a loss. That woman needs to be birch slapped.
tysmommy98
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:23 PM
I've had both. They are huge struggles in different ways.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:24 PM
To me it's not the same. But, she didn't have to be so mean in a time of pain and suffering. Completely uncalled for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paulswifey11
by TashaL on May. 24, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Oh I was 16 weeks too so it was later term miscarriage :(.

Quoting paulswifey11:

I miscarried in January. The pain hurts so damn bad. It is a loss. That woman needs to be birch slapped.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)