Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

There is a brush fire by my house.

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:19 PM
  • 7 Replies
Right now they are trying to contain it. I had to leave to go get hubby from work. Hopefully the put it out soon.
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jessica1078
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:33 PM
we had one a few hundred feet from the elementary school today. My dd told me when she got home. it's going to be a bad year for fires. hope alls well when you get home
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 24, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Where are you at?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I work wildland fire and the best thing you can do to protect your house against a brush fire is to have defensable space around your house.  That is having a good distance between you house and vegetation that catches fire too easily.  That does not include you lawn though if its on the long side and not properly watered it could catch fire easily as well. 

amy1will
by Amethyst on May. 24, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Pensacola Florida

Quoting Anonymous:

Where are you at?
amy1will
by Amethyst on May. 24, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Thanks. Its still going. Haven't got it out yet. Hopefully soon.

Quoting jessica1078:

we had one a few hundred feet from the elementary school today. My dd told me when she got home. it's going to be a bad year for fires. hope alls well when you get home
jessica1078
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 12:03 AM
great advice!! We have fires rush through where I am and having defensible space around your property is mandatory. Every April/May we spray and cutdown anything that poses a hazard.This year fire season is going to be bad. Stay safe out there.

Quoting Anonymous:

I work wildland fire and the best thing you can do to protect your house against a brush fire is to have defensable space around your house.  That is having a good distance between you house and vegetation that catches fire too easily.  That does not include you lawn though if its on the long side and not properly watered it could catch fire easily as well. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 25, 2013 at 12:32 AM

I will Thanks.

Quoting jessica1078:

great advice!! We have fires rush through where I am and having defensible space around your property is mandatory. Every April/May we spray and cutdown anything that poses a hazard.This year fire season is going to be bad. Stay safe out there.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)