Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

who's right?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
Dh says I can't expect my 4&6 year olds to pick up after themselves. He even said it's as ridiculous as asking our 9 month old to pick up his toys. I say that out of 5 people I'm the only person doing anything in this house. I cook, clean, pick up dog turds, laundry, trash, clean out cars, do bath and bedtime all on my own! EVERYTHING falls on me. Finally after asking the 4 year old to pick up her toy 47 times I picked it up and threw it in the trash. My husband flipped and said I'm a crazy bitch and we got into a huge fight. So am I crazy or should I expect some help around here? BTW after he told me it's my job to do everything around here I left his dirty clothes in the hamper. We'll see how he likes it on Tuesday when he has no work clothes. I'm sick of doing everything on my own I just need a little help.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-_-
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:22 PM
I am.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-_-
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Really though, they can pick their stuff up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:23 PM

You're right, he's wrong. When they are old enough to take the toy out, they are old enough to put it back. My kids were putting away their own laundry at 4. The only one off the hook is the 9 month old, but that's only for a few more months.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 8:23 PM

I clean up everything at home, including toys.

-_-
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:23 PM
But, doing (or not doing) things out of spite isn't helpful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blues_pagan
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:24 PM

My 2 year old picks up after herself when told.  She needs help now and then but for the most part she does it herself.  

I don't know if I would have went as far as putting the toys in the trash but I would have at least hidden them where the 4 year old couldn't find them.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 24, 2013 at 8:24 PM
You are frustrated with him and took it out on your kids toy.
blues_pagan
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:25 PM

I am doing that now.  Why?  Because I ask and ask and ask some more and never get help.  Sometimes not doing anything out of frustration is the only way to go.

Quoting -_-:

blues_pagan
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:26 PM

P.S My 2 year old also helps put away dishes.  Granted it isn't perfect and I sometimes have to go behind her but you need to start that stuff early if you want them to do it themselves later.

-_-
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Your dude is an ass. *shrug*

Quoting blues_pagan:

I am doing that now.  Why?  Because I ask and ask and ask some more and never get help.  Sometimes not doing anything out of frustration is the only way to go.

Quoting -_-:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN