Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They kept trying to tell me he was a good guy and it was all me

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:36 PM
  • 1 Replies

But they were all wrong!

I married a guy when I was 19 years old.  Yeah yeah I know, I know...I was young and dumb...I know that now.  Anyway, he turned out to be an emotionally abusive asshole who had me so scared of him that I would throw up every day at work before I had to go home.  I hated going home since I hated being around him.

I was the one who filed for divorce.  My bio-dad and most of his side of the family kept telling me that he was a good guy I just needed to work on it...blah blah blah.

Well I divorced him anyway and am much happier.  But that thought always lingered in the back of my head.  What if it was just me?  What if I was the reason the marriage was so bad?

I even thought this after he married a second time.  

Anyway, to cut to the chase.  I am now in touch with his NEW EX WIFE.  Her and I used to be not so nice to each other.  But late one night I received a call from her, she wanted to ask me some questions.  I was apprehensive at first but said sure.  

She then told me that he had destroyed all the furniture in their bedroom one night after they got into a fight and had hit her.  He literally went off the deep end.  He started doing the same shit he did to me all those years ago when no one believed me.  

So there you have it!  It wasn't all just me and I am celebrating that fact tonight!

Anyone else out there with a similar story or stories of being right when everyone else told you that you were wrong?

by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Rocker.Mom.07
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:39 PM
I was the stupid one saying He's a good guy, he can change, I can help him...blah blah. And everyone was telling me to leave. Finally did after 6 looong years.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)