Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I the only one...?

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:46 PM
  • 7 Replies

Before getting together with BF, I did a background check on him. I've been hurt before by someone who lied about their past, and just wanted to err on the side of caution. 

Is that weird?

by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 24, 2013 at 8:47 PM
I wouldn't need to do that because I trust my instincts and judgement but I can understand you doing one because of your past. Does the BF know you did this? I probably wouldn't be bragging about it to him lol.
BEXi
by BEXi on May. 24, 2013 at 8:48 PM

I dont think it's weird. I personally never did it though. I wouldnt have found anything besides a couple speeding tickets on my SO. LOL

MariannLws
by Mariann on May. 24, 2013 at 8:48 PM

No my husband and I did back ground checks on each other. We also had AIDS tests and waited for the results before being intimate. 

Ashley_Carlson
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Yea, he knows. He understands why I felt the need to check.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wouldn't need to do that because I trust my instincts and judgement but I can understand you doing one because of your past. Does the BF know you did this? I probably wouldn't be bragging about it to him lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 8:49 PM

no  not at all.. i understand..

you can never be too careful nowadays! =( and its sad but we have to protect our children! 

Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:52 PM
I have some it before simply because I have children, & I am not an equal opportunity dater.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on May. 24, 2013 at 9:06 PM
I understand. I didn't need to though because I've known dh since 9th grade. LOL
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)