Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home or hospital? Drugs or no?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

Which place did you/ will you give birth at? Did you/will you take any drugs- pitocen, epidural, etc?

Why did you/why will you choose not to/ to take drugs during labour & delivery? Did you like your outcomes? Did the drugs actually help? 

Why did you choose a home/hospital birth. Was the outcome as you expected? 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I had 3 c-sections.

There wasn't a choice if I wanted to live.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 8:52 PM
#1 hospital epidural after 22 hrs with no progress. #2&3 home
1likeme
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:52 PM
I delivered all four of my boys in a hospital. After the birth of my second son I had some complications from the epidural so I refused it with my last two. I chose a hospital because our insurance would not cover a midwife but if I had it to do over again I would have saved up the money for home birth.
CjEmmemommy
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Home birth, amazing in every way. I would do it a 100 times:))

I choose this type of birth bc I wanted to be involved in my pregnancy and birth and I disagree with the way medical births are handled and controlled.

LucyHourglass
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:54 PM

I had a 3 day labor. after barely dilating due to me being stressed out and clenching my muscles instead of reacting, i opted for the epidural and baby was born 3 hours later. epidural made me relax enough for my labor to actually progress to where it needed to be.

goodmama85
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:56 PM

All hospitals 2 epi's thought the first one doesn't count because it didn't work this is with dd1. My next and last one plan on having a midwife and doing a home birth.

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on May. 24, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Hospital.

I was induced with my first. I wanted no pain meds. I didn't want it affecting my son. So after 15 hrs of pain I had a c section. So of course I had no choice.

I had a scheduled c section with my second. I just wanted to get it over with. It would have been torture anyways during delivery. He was 9 lbs 12 oz and had a big ol head haha. All the nurses said It would have fuckedw me up! Lol
MomOfTwoK
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:57 PM

I delivered my twin boys via c-section in a hospital.  I was so thankful for the drugs.  The outcome was as expected.  

SB2217
by on May. 24, 2013 at 8:57 PM
All hospital. First pitocin and epidural. Two others pitocin without any pain drugs whatsoever! :)
I wanted a home birth but I hemorrhaged pretty bad after my first was born so I was scared. I chose not to have epidurals after my first because of the back problems it caused plus all tge negative stuff I read about. It was painful, VERY painful with the pitocin but I wouldn't change it for the world. Such an amazing experience to feel the baby coming out.
supermama322
by Kaylee on May. 24, 2013 at 8:58 PM
3 births, all in hospital, all drug free and no iv.

wanted to do it naturally and I'm afraid of needles. won't get one if I can help it.

all 3 were amazing. could have been home births, sure felt like them. Dr's and nurses pretty much left me alone all 3 times, and all 3 were 2 hours or less from start to finish. very happy with all 3 experiences.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)