Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What size looks best?

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:09 PM
  • 40 Replies

Hi Ladies,

I made a different engagement ring post earlier today, but it was kinda getting long so I thought I'd start a new post with just some quick questions.

What size carat looks best on my hand?

From left to right: 1st ring is a 1 carat, middle ring holds a 1.5carat, and the index finger hold a 2 carat stone. I was trying on different engagement settings today and I think I would like any of these 3 settings. A simple band with solitaire (middle finger), an infinity style band (ring finger), or a band with stones on it (index finger)

Which setting looks best on my hand in your opinion? THANKS =)  OH, by the way.. imagine these rings in yellow gold as that is what I would want.

Here is a photo with a 1.5 carat with a wedding band. Thoughts?

by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ballerina18
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:20 PM

bump =D

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:21 PM

I like the one on your index finger best.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 24, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Love the one on your middle finger, my second choice would be the one on your index finger.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 9:24 PM

In my opinion, setting on your index finger with the stone on your middle.  I'm not sure I like the bulky wedding band on your finger though, maybe something a little narrower (in the band I mean).  Know what I mean?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 24, 2013 at 9:24 PM

I like the band that is on the ring finger but the diamond that is on the middle finger

mmmonkey
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:25 PM
I would do the ring on your index finger with a plain wedding band.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ballerina18
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Thanks! That is helpful! I liked the bottom photo when I was at the jewelers today, but now that I'm looking again at the photos I took I'm wondering if I would like a simpler/thinner setting.

I'm definitely leaning more towards the 1.5 carat setting. Although, part of me thinks the 1.5 stone looks bigger than the 2.0 carat in the photo..I think it might just be that the 2.0 is in a setting vs the 1.5 is actually in a diamond holder.

Quoting Anonymous:

In my opinion, setting on your index finger with the stone on your middle.  I'm not sure I like the bulky wedding band on your finger though, maybe something a little narrower (in the band I mean).  Know what I mean?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 24, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Middle.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Don't forget you want comfort too. I just personally think with your fingers, a narrow band similar, not exactly the same to the setting on your index finger would look very pretty. =)

You have very good taste btw ;) 

Quoting ballerina18:

Thanks! That is helpful! I liked the bottom photo when I was at the jewelers today, but now that I'm looking again at the photos I took I'm wondering if I would like a simpler/thinner setting.

I'm definitely leaning more towards the 1.5 carat setting. Although, part of me thinks the 1.5 stone looks bigger than the 2.0 carat in the photo..I think it might just be that the 2.0 is in a setting vs the 1.5 is actually in a diamond holder.

Quoting Anonymous:

TeamTARDIS
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:32 PM
The index finger!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)