Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whooping cough questions.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

DD has been coughing for a few days now. She was in the doctor Tuesday and the cough was very mild then. She was given antibiotics for an ear infection then.

The cough has got a bit worse, not terribly so just enough so that its starting to sound like what whooping cough sounds like. I know its treated with antibiotics and such and since she's been on them since Tuesday, if it IS whooping cough, would it still be contagious to another child?

We have a very busy weekend with DD kindergarten graduation, and two birthday parties but I do not want to expose any other babies or children to it if she would still be contagious. And like I said she hasn't been diagnosed with whooping cough, it just sorta sounds like it when she has coughing fits. Which are mostly at night.

Can anyone help me out? I'm not really sure what to do and the Internet is pretty much saying she's going to die from it. She's 10 months old and up to date on ALL vaccines.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 9:53 PM

It's probably the croup.  Either way, get a humidifier. Cool air from the freezer helps sometimes, too.  Or outside air, if its cold.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Its really hot and humid here. My niece was just told by the doctor today she has "the croup" as well and we spent the weekend with them so maybe it is just the croup then. I've got the humidifier in her room now. 

Quoting Anonymous:

It's probably the croup.  Either way, get a humidifier. Cool air from the freezer helps sometimes, too.  Or outside air, if its cold.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)