Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Man.. I'm bummed tonight.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

I've been saving money away. My SO and I just aren't getting along. And haven't been for a while. He feels like everything's ok, as long as theirs sex. I've told him how unhappy I am, and how much our girls need him as a father, instead of a chair ornament. But he doesn't seem to think he needs to do much more than work.

Anywho. I've been on the right track to purchasing a home for my girls and I. I'm working on my credit, and saving. And then.. I lost my job. :(

it was the perfect WAH job. Worked whenever I wanted, up to 60 hours a week. Perfect. 

That job was SO hard to find. I feel like I've let my girls down. Soo close, and yet so far away. I've applied to a dozen other places in the last 24 hours, but I feel hopeless. I'm never going to find something as great as that. :(

Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Maybe I should change the title to food stamps or something. 

MomTo2Boys12
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:03 PM
:( I'm sorry. Hopefully something good pops up for you so you can continue down the saving path you were. We all go through funks the maybe he will snap out of it. If not I'd still do what you were doing prior to losing your job.

Gl mama.
BEXi
by BEXi on May. 24, 2013 at 10:04 PM

I am so sorry.. What did you do online?

Leap force at home . com offers independent contractor positions as a search engine evaluator. I did it for 6 months and it was good money.. 13.50 an hour

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Maybe stop having sex and he will see how things really are....
dalbax2
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't be too hard on yourself.  You might not find a perfect job but I am sure you will find something.  Try to think positive thoughts.  Hopefully you won't have to touch what you have saved.

sissy502
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

hugs

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 24, 2013 at 10:07 PM
How did you lose it and what was it that you were doing? I'm sorry. I hope you can find one soon. GL and stay strong. (((HUGS)))
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 24, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Lol I would. Anyhow good luck on a job search. Try a temp agency. Express got my Dh into a WONDERFUL job!

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe I should change the title to food stamps or something. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 24, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Can you collect unemployment?  So you dont have to give up your dream to purchase a home.  Hang in there.....you will get where you want to be!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 10:11 PM

I've done that. Currently doing that. It's not helping. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe stop having sex and he will see how things really are....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)