Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does this happen to anyone else?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

I'm home all day with the baby and no one to talk to (except baby, but thats more repetative things like "this is yellow, this is blue. can you say blue?" and "get that out of your mouth!" )

he works all day and talks all day.

so when he gets home, I want, NEEED someone to talk to, but he doesnt want to talk.

please tell us a solution because this sucks so bad right now!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
hp2011
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 10:27 PM
SO is like that lol

I call my mom at least twice a day and shoot the shit with my bff on the phone a couple times a week
TattedReader
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Yep. Been there. You need to be honest and vulnerable and let him see and know how desperate you are for adult conversation. Tell him you know he hears people talking all day but you talk to no one. So, unless he wants you going elsewhere when he gets home to find conversation, he better put his listening ears on. It's rough, I've adapted a little and DH has gotten more understanding. I also talk to my mom every day lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 10:28 PM

I have the exact same problem. DH is tired and wants to be left alone to relax and I need some adult interaction. My brain I fear will turn to mush. LOL. That is why I am here on CM. I need to vent.

starlight91
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:29 PM

find some mommy & me groups in your area, you will find mommy friends and friends for your baby..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 24, 2013 at 10:29 PM
My dh is like that but I talk his ear off anyway lol, I need some sort of adult interaction.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 24, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Get a job....

tennisgal
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Omg I desperately want days when I talk to no one ;)

Just explain to him how you feel. Give him 30min once he walks in the door to decompress, change clothes, whatever he needs before you bombard him with plans and baby cutsies and other chitchat. 

Linus77
by on May. 24, 2013 at 10:34 PM

This is one of the reasons my mom and I are so close, lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 24, 2013 at 10:36 PM
exactly!! Lol she'll let me go on and on and on. Dh will too but I know he's not really listening lol

Quoting Linus77:

This is one of the reasons my mom and I are so close, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)