Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so how many of you....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
Have never been on a vacation or a family vacation?
We have never been on a vacation in the 14 years that we have been together :(

***we cant afford a vacation...even less of a chance with the cost of dd' s meds and the fact dh got hurt at work and workers comp pays crap...all I want it to be able to take my children on a nice vacation and for once allow dd to forget about her health issues and just enjoy being a 6 year old little girl
Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
barneysaid
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:33 PM
No vacations here. I suck :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 11:33 PM
We have been. But it 7years only 2 vacations. Both to sea world. Still fun. But our kids are really small still. In fact I was pregnant with our 1yr old last time we went. It was summer and I had just found out I was right before we left. When we got back and I went to the doctor right after I was 9 weeks. So all my symptoms were kicking in on the trip. Morning sickness in August in Texas. Plus fatigue and 2 kids. It was horrible.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 24, 2013 at 11:34 PM

We go all the time

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Do you ever feel down because of it? I feel really sad right now because more then anything I would love to take my kids on vacation, especially when they talk about trips their friends go on :(

Quoting barneysaid:

No vacations here. I suck :(

EAzizM
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:34 PM
The last one was about 5 or 6 years ago. It was literally like 40 of us. lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 24, 2013 at 11:35 PM

We've been on a few vacations, if you can call them that, with our families.  Honestly, with what we go through, that is not much of a vacation.  We'd love to go away just us and have ourselves an actual family vacation.  Don't see it happening though.

britadams10
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:35 PM

well i think someone is in desperate need of a nice vacation!! why haven't you been on vacation? we try to go atleast twice a year.

katieross
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Every 2 years as a family we decide on a place to go- either out of the province or country! :) and then every summer we go to Toronto (about 6 hours away) to go to Canada's Wonderland, etc.
Then every 2 months we go to our home town to see grandparents- or they come here.

Plan a trip soon :) 

TugBoatMama
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:38 PM

We've never even had a honeymoon let alone a vacation :(

anon1986East
by Kali on May. 24, 2013 at 11:38 PM

We go on several every year but the main reason is to visit family. We have family in Ireland, England, Denmark, Sweden and Italy so we tend to travel a bit to those places to catch up with relatives and friends who live there. We've never gone on a trip for the sole purpose of relaxing, it's always been to visit family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)