Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

naps at 8?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
Did/do your 8 year olds do this? My 8 year old comes home from school and falls right asleep. Every day!
Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 25, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Bump
Lorena
by on May. 25, 2013 at 8:31 AM
No not unless he is sick. All 4 of my bio kids stopped taking naps at 1. My two older skids I have no clue, but my 4 yr old sd takes naps on and off but mostly doesn't. What time does he go to bed and get up? Maybe hes not getting enough sleep at night.
mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Nope.  What time does your school start?  My kids don't get on the bus until 8:20 am.  Plenty of time to sleep.  :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 25, 2013 at 9:08 AM
8 is bedtime. Up at 7. So 11 hours of sleep.

Quoting Lorena:

No not unless he is sick. All 4 of my bio kids stopped taking naps at 1. My two older skids I have no clue, but my 4 yr old sd takes naps on and off but mostly doesn't. What time does he go to bed and get up? Maybe hes not getting enough sleep at night.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 25, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Bus is here at 8:10

Quoting mommytoeandb:

Nope.  What time does your school start?  My kids don't get on the bus until 8:20 am.  Plenty of time to sleep.  :)

ElitestJen
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2013 at 9:11 AM

I did at 8.  In fact, I never really outgrew naps.  My oldest is almost 16 and still takes frequent naps.

Leissaintexas
by Emerald Member on May. 25, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Growth spurt! But I also know that some kids just don't handle the all day thing very well.

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Very occasionally but it happens

hollinicole
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 9:13 AM
DD is 6 and still had to take a rest at school this year. If she had a late night or busy day she will ask for a rest around 2.
stykir
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2013 at 9:15 AM

my younger brother used to go through stages where he'd do that. it always went along with his growth and even if he didn't go to sleep he still usually needed to rest a little after school

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)