Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My rules for cigarette smokers.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 202 Replies
9 moms liked this

Hello friends:

I am a smoker. Yes, I am that evil nasty smoker you love to hate.

Now here are my rules:

1. Don't smoke in front of public entrances and exits. I am a smoker and I still don't want to breathe your shit in. Guess what, I also don't directly expose my kids to smoke, so I don't want to expose them to yours.

2. Don't smoke in your car or home when your kid is with you. FFS stop the car and get out. I have pulled over on the side of the road, gas stations etc. I also usually put the kids in the car, light one up outside,smoke it, put it out and then get in to drive. My DH and I take the kids cross country in the car every year and still don't light up around them in the car.

3. Move away from children at parks etc. when you are smoking. See rule number 1. Just because you can smoke at a park doesn't mean you should smoke a cig while pushing your kid on the swing. Walk away from the kids and do it far, far away. If you can't because your own kid would be less supervised, then wait until later.

Feel free to add to my list. 

Yes, I am a smoker, but I follow these rules.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 11:41 PM
14 moms liked this
If you smoke then get in a car, your kids are still exposed to the smoke. So yes you DO expose your children to it. So scratch off number1.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 11:42 PM
5 moms liked this

Dont tell me where I can smoke.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Even if you do get out of the car to smoke and then get right back in you still have all the nicotine and some smoke still on your clothes. Still causes the child to breathe that in and is not good for them
Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this

#3 disgusts me more than anything.  I cannot stand to see people smoking in the parks where children are, and I'm a smoker!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 24, 2013 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I will rephrase. I don't leave smoke lingering in the air for them to inhale. Sure some of it might get on my clothing, but I am not blowing smoke in an enclosed space with them.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you smoke then get in a car, your kids are still exposed to the smoke. So yes you DO expose your children to it. So scratch off number1.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 11:48 PM

You can make all the rules for yourself that you would like. Have a good night.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 11:49 PM
2 moms liked this

4. Do not smoke around me if I'm pregnant... GR!

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on May. 24, 2013 at 11:49 PM

My rules for family and friend smokers are much worse.

Anonymous
8 moms liked this

Huh? What? That's ridiculous. I'm pretty sure her kids aren't sucking on her T shirt. 

There is a HUGE difference.

By your logic, your kids can't even go to the grocery store because *gasp* there might be a smoker in there!!!

How old are you?? 

Too young for "smoking or non-smoking?"

You DO realize that your parents/grandparents were raised in a world that smoking was okay in stores, restaurants, bars, cars, PUBLIC was okay right?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
3 moms liked this

Do you smoke in the car when the kids aren't in there? Do you ever ride by a factory the emits smoke? Do you ever ride by cars that have bad exhaust fumes? Do you breathe, do your kids breathe? They are inhaling smoke regardless.

Quoting Anonymous:

I will rephrase. I don't leave smoke lingering in the air for them to inhale. Sure some of it might get on my clothing, but I am not blowing smoke in an enclosed space with them.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)