Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mommy doctors!! Get in here

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:39 PM
  • 4 Replies
Ds has crup 2 yeas old he has had it before. I have a humidifier running right now. But how do I prevent the stridor that they all talk about ?
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 24, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Not every kid gets that. My daughter had croup and it ran its course without any problems. I just used the humidifier. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 11:44 PM
My dd had croupe and didn't have strider. What you can do is, run a very hot shower, steam up the bathroom, and sit in there for at least 15 minutes. The other thing, bundle her up and take her outside in the cool air for 15 minutes. Both work well, but one always helps more, depends on the child.
JNLmomme09
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Should I wait until he is coughing ? Right now he is sleeping.

Quoting Anonymous:

My dd had croupe and didn't have strider. What you can do is, run a very hot shower, steam up the bathroom, and sit in there for at least 15 minutes. The other thing, bundle her up and take her outside in the cool air for 15 minutes. Both work well, but one always helps more, depends on the child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 25, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Yes. When he is having a coughing fit, that's when you do it. It will ease the cough.

Quoting JNLmomme09:

Should I wait until he is coughing ? Right now he is sleeping.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)