Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Everytime my neighbour's baby cries they blast music

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:40 PM
  • 12 Replies

Is this some parenting technique I've never heard of?

Are they just assholes?

WTF?

by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ysnicholas
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Just drowing the kids cry. Stupid parents
tardistraveller
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:43 PM

It just adds to the noise.  SO I get to listen t crying baby and loud music.  It can't be good for baby to hear loud rock music everytime he's upset or needs something.

Quoting ysnicholas:

Just drowing the kids cry. Stupid parents

laura_simss
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Sometimes when my kids are screaming a turn up my music. But only if they are screaming for no good reason. They are not babies though 

tardistraveller
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:45 PM

I pop my ipod in when my son throws a tantrum sometimes, he's 7.  Their kid is about 12months ish

Quoting laura_simss:

Sometimes when my kids are screaming a turn up my music. But only if they are screaming for no good reason. They are not babies though 

littlemoments99
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:46 PM

That's weird. I don't know why they would do that. 

When my little sister was a baby and she would cry, we would put on the Monk theme song. She would instantly stop crying because she heard it in the womb and it was familiar to her and comforted her. It was the funniest thing. But we never would have put music on just to cover her cry. We mostly did that on car rides when we couldn't do anything to make her feel better (when her nook fell out of her mouth)    :) 

deadlights86
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:48 PM
2 moms liked this
My Ds calmed down when I played ramstien lol. He would kick like crazy when I was pregnant best thing is its in German so its not like he's picking curse words up from the music lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 24, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Maybe they don't want their neighbors to hear it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 11:50 PM

I blasted white noise videos when my dd was younger. It worked great and helped calm her down. I NEVER PUT IT ON AND JUST LEFT HER TO CRY BY HERSELF 

tardistraveller
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:51 PM

I can hear the music....

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe they don't want their neighbors to hear it?

tardistraveller
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:52 PM

truthfully, I am not in their apartment so I can't say whether they leave him alone or not.  White noise I understand but loud pounding music is strange to me; not to mention asshole-ish to your neighbours if you live in an apartment.

Quoting Anonymous:

I blasted white noise videos when my dd was younger. It worked great and helped calm her down. I NEVER PUT IT ON AND JUST LEFT HER TO CRY BY HERSELF 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)