Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can Dads weigh in on this? UPDATED

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 369 Replies

Poll

Question: Should Dads decide if their daughters can/cant wear tampons (vs pads)?

Options:

NO! Its her body, the daughter should decide.. Her Body. Her Choice.

Yes. His Daugher. His Right.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1004

View Results

Do you think Dads should have a say in if their DD's should wear tampons?

(I thought of this from a circ post. If a mom can choose circ for her son. Can a dad chose no tampons for his daughter?)

Update:

LOL! I cannot believe this post made it into the Spotlight.. That is HILARIOUS! And Im not comparing circumcision to tampons.  Sure tampons vs. circ is a bad example... Sorry that was not my intentional focus... My focus was more on If Moms can make major choices about their son's penis, is it equally ok for Dads to make choices about their Daughter's vagina?... Maybe I went about it the wrong route-- it was late at night!

Moms make choices every day to remove a part of their sons body that has NO effect on them, but their choice will forever effect their son & their sons partner... I personally think Moms should back out of their sons pants, and leave their penis to them!

Just as I feel Dads have no clue about being a woman, so shouldnt be putting the final say on their daughters female choices..

Posted by Anonymous on May. 24, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melodyhour
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Hell no
NiCo86
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:49 PM
32 moms liked this

my husband is the one that chose to circ our son.

but it would not be my OR my husbands choice if our daughter (if we had one) wore pads or tampons, it would be whatever SHE was most comfortable with.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 24, 2013 at 11:49 PM
52 moms liked this
The comparison isn't even logical...
MotherLady
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:50 PM
5 moms liked this
I agree with neither of those choices.

My DD's and I will decide together what they use when the time comes (not long now I have one that's 11).

And no we won't discuss it with their father.
starlight91
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this

well I can tell you my dh doesnt care what they use, as long as they use something and dispose of it properly. And if they need a run to the store, they have to go with, he will give them the money and they buy what they want/need.

mamaanl
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:50 PM
5 moms liked this

I don't think the dad should decide that.  I think the mom & daughter should talk & decide that. I wouldn't have ever felt comfortable even bringing that issue up to my dad at all.

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:50 PM
4 moms liked this

my DH says "uh...really?  um..no..Who is asking THAT???!!!"

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on May. 24, 2013 at 11:50 PM

I think that's something the mom and child should discuss but should be run by dad to see what he thinks.

barneysaid
by Gold Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:51 PM
3 moms liked this
Nope.... He wouldn't want to know any of that stuff in the first place. He said that's my department. Lol
samurai_chica
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 11:51 PM
4 moms liked this

bad comparison.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)