Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I took my daughter to court to make it so she had to have an abortion.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 581 Replies
6 moms liked this

My daughter is 26 and has been married for about 5 years now. She has 1 child and we were all excited when we found out she had another one on the way. Everything was going great until 3 weeks after she found out she was pregnant. She called me from the ER to tell me I needed to go there right away. I got there thinking that she had a miscarriage and that she would be devastated but she was the total opposite. She was happy and smiling and it seemed like nothing was wrong. She then told me that she had an ectopic pregnancy and that "God gave her a miracle". I was very confused. Ectopic pregnancies are NOT miracles. She was convinced that everything happens for a reason and therefore she should refuse the recommended medical treatment (removing it from her tube) and that god would light the way and everything would be okay. 

I left the room in tears wondering how this could happen and how my daughter can possibly be acting this way. I talked to doctor and he informed me that there was no chance that the baby would make it to term and that if she tried it would result in a ruptured fallopean tube which could kill her. Her husband, my husband, and I all sat down to come up with ways to make her see what a serious issue this was.She was willing to die for an unborn child that had no possibility to survive instead of stay alive for her  son.  We tried for a week, we had heart to hearts, we showed her evidence, we begged but she was convinced that prayers would make it all better and that this was her "own baby Jesus" an actual quote from her. 

After a week we decided we needed to do something else. We made a decision that no parent wants to make and decided to take her to court to fight that she is mentally incapable of making her own decisions. It was heart breaking and I she wouldnt even talk to me which is understandable. She ended up having the procedure done and there is minimal scaring. It was the sadest day of my life. 

I have felt guilty every since. This was about 6 months ago and she now has gotten in contact with me. She thanked me , her father, and her husband for making her do it because she would not be alive right now. She is still very religions but realizes she was in denial at the time. 

Even with the thank you I can't help but feel like a terrible person. 

ETA: My daughter was having actual delusions. She was required to go to therapy and is still going because even though she is not having delusions now she is still working things through. She obviously had a hard time with the entire situation and still has some work to do but she is doing a lot better.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 25, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on May. 25, 2013 at 12:03 AM
34 moms liked this

I am against government intervention in any medical situation, so I think what you did was a violation of her rights.

Talienas
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Here's a hug and a bump. That would be tough
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 25, 2013 at 12:04 AM
60 moms liked this

I would rather have violated her rights than have her die. She feels like I did the right thing 

Quoting Dzyre1115:

I am against government intervention in any medical situation, so I think what you did was a violation of her rights.

Chloesmom1126
by on May. 25, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Bump
newmom121812
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2013 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Dont feel terrible for saving her life!!! The baby didnt have a chance anyways. You did good. hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EAzizM
by Erica on May. 25, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Hmmm. I am not sure how I feel about this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 25, 2013 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this
You're a crappy person.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 25, 2013 at 12:06 AM
4 moms liked this

I know I am. But my daughter is alive and thankful so that is what counts the most. 

Quoting Anonymous:

You're a crappy person.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on May. 25, 2013 at 12:06 AM
6 moms liked this

I do not agree with court ordered medical intervention, in any case, no matter the outcome. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I would rather have violated her rights than have her die. She feels like I did the right thing 

Quoting Dzyre1115:

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on May. 25, 2013 at 12:06 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm sorry you had to be put in that position :( I couldn't imagine the guilt

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)