Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

to all the mommas hatin on the junk food

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
ive been reading a lot of anti junk food stuff on this site.
just curious what you all usually do for snacks or munchies
how about a healthy snack idea post. list some favorites in your house please
Posted by Anonymous on May. 25, 2013 at 3:05 AM
Replies (101-110):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 25, 2013 at 5:50 PM
im sailing in the same ship

Quoting butterbean491:

ok...I totally understand the importance of eating healthy. Yes, I do try my best to get my son to eat healthy snacks. However, He is at the don't want to eat stage. I have cried several times at the dr office because I don' feel he is eating enough to be healthy. I have adopted an as long as he's eating policy. I don't care if its a cookie, it is something to eat. Luckily, he loves cereal bars. I know its still not the best but at least its whole grains and not chocolate. Maybe when he gets out of this stage then I can get back to healthy choices.
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on May. 25, 2013 at 5:51 PM

apples, bananas, blueberries, nuts, sunflower seeds, oranges, popcorn, carrots, cucumbers are a few of our faves.

I also make homemade cookies sometimes & brownies. I love to bake so I have to watch how often I make stuff.

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Normally just fresh fruit and cucumbers and sometimes celery.
jesistar6910
by on May. 25, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Shit, I just had peperoni pizza rolls and cinammon monkey bread. But it's my cheat day. 

Normally for snacks I like to dip apples in greek yogurt. We also grow our own rasperries and once they start to ripen that's all we have. DD loves grapes and oranges, and DH will only eat carrots for a snack. It's the only thing he likes. DD just found out that she likes celery with peanut butter on it, and she picks the raisins out and gives them to me.

Zimmerchild
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:08 PM

I have a gas stove and really can't afford for that to go up in my bills, which is why I want the dehydrator.

Quoting SageAdvice:

You do not need a dehydrator, you can do it easily in a regular oven, thin sliced fruits or meats, ( what ever )low temps, leave the oven door cracked open. That way you can do a lot in a short amount of time woot, woot- You can Google how. :0)

Quoting Zimmerchild:

I do things like fresh fruits and veggies, yogurt, dried fruits, low sugar or sugar free nesquick for chocolate milk, no sugar pudding or jello, nuts, jerky. I'm looking into getting a dehydrator so I can make sugar free fruit roll ups. Sometimes I do smoothies or home made muffins. 

I was raised poorly and allowed lots of junk foods and soda at a young age, I decided to be a better parent then that, however, when I started out I did make lots of healthy food mistakes.

jesusismyfriend
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Fruit in this house.

A_McCool
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Snacks are usually fruit, raw vegetables, or yogurt.  They aren't big snackers.

We are grain free so no crackers or pasta or anything like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on May. 25, 2013 at 6:14 PM
I wouldn't, but only because my ds can't have gluten or dairy. I like mac & cheese myself.

Quoting PikachuLuver:

The ladies who said they would never ever feed their kids mac and cheese are just straight out lying....or crazy? Just trying to make themselves sound good to complete strangers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
milkmama36
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:18 PM

greek yogurt and fruit

homeade trail mix

granola bars

fruit

crackers

I am not perfect. There are bags of frozen nuggets and fish in my freezer, and sometimes we do have mac n cheese, not often like once a month. I buy local and organic as season and budget allows, and cook what I have the patience for from scratch. I have been finding it easier and easier as time goes by to skip the "junk" at the store and make better choices for my family. My husband is being very resistant though, he likes veggies and such, but he loves pop tarts and the like equally and won't hear of them not coming into the house.

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Cheese sticks, yogurt, wheat thins and fruit are the healthy choices I have. However I also have funyuns ( hidden and doled out LOL) ramen and mac and cheese.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)