Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

to all the mommas hatin on the junk food

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
ive been reading a lot of anti junk food stuff on this site.
just curious what you all usually do for snacks or munchies
how about a healthy snack idea post. list some favorites in your house please
Posted by Anonymous on May. 25, 2013 at 3:05 AM
Replies (71-80):
TattedReader
by on May. 25, 2013 at 11:21 AM
uh k..so what's in the bowl?

Quoting Anonymous:

PikachuLuver
by on May. 25, 2013 at 11:22 AM
So you have NEVER given your child a cookie? A halloween sucker? You are such a fucking liar if you say no. And nope....not ignorant. Had you read any of my other posts you might not have been so stupid sounding...

Quoting IndigoOwl:

Lol. Wow, that's so sad that people really are this ignorant.

Quoting PikachuLuver:

The ladies who said they would never ever feed their kids mac and cheese are just straight out lying....or crazy? Just trying to make themselves sound good to complete strangers.

Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2013 at 11:25 AM
we dont usually snack much. but if we do its on stuff like chicken, grilled pulled apart, cottage cheese...umm venison jerky...yea, we snack on meat mostly lol.
yperez0209
by on May. 25, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

I do both. We have all the healthy stuff other moms mentioned but I also have " junk". I believe in them eating healthy foods but I also believe that to think they will never reach for a bag of chips is not reasonable. I know some moms are passionate about there kiddos not eating anything other than healthy foods and I respect that I just don't feel as dedicated to the whole idea. My kids will sit down and eat a plate full of asparagus the same way they will enjoy eating poptarts.

Ilaynasmommy
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2013 at 12:29 PM
I did and still went through hell. My daughter is naturally tiny. At 4 she is in 3ts. It was either more junk or pediasure which stopped her from eating at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

dude id get a new doctor!

Quoting Ilaynasmommy:

I used to only do healthy snacks until dr. Said she could call cps if we didn't follow what she said. Then dd got junk food and fast food.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skittlefart
by on May. 25, 2013 at 12:31 PM

He can only have fruits and yogurt or applesauce right now since he only has two teeth.

photo a082e1db-a995-4db8-80a1-a6db5f1cf88c_zps2b4588d6.jpg

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
fairymom82
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2013 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes I slice with a mandoline as thin as possible and brush with a very light coating of olive oil. Then sprinkle with a touch of salt .. Bake in a 225-250 degree oven till crispy . Time depends on humidity that day. You can use cinnamon sugar for a sweet treat too ginger mixed with that tastes yummy . Store in airtight containers up to a week but they don't last long here

Quoting Ronda2012:

We have a TON of sweet potatoes from our CSA - do you do the sweet potato chips in the oven?

Quoting fairymom82:

This is basically our house but we make baked sweet potato chips and I make fruit leather in my food dehydrater. I got it because dried fruit is hard to find without sulfur and my kidney disease doesn't respond well to sulfur or nitrate .

Quoting thegoodsied76:

This is typical of what you will find in our home

We keep a snack cabinet:

Dried friuts and nuts

Trail mix

Granola

Fruit leather

Wheat thins

Instant oatmeal

Graham crackers

We have a fruit bowl that the kids know is never off limits

Refridgerated items:

String cheese

Cheese curds

Yogurt

Grapes

Things not allowed:

Potato chips, snack cakes, candy bars, pop tarts, fruit snacks

Mrs_Nelson
by on May. 25, 2013 at 12:49 PM
I give my kids mac n cheese all the time...but never that crap in a box that people call mac n cheese. My kids don't eat processed food cause it is nasty.

As for healthy snacks try "healthy snickers" (my 11 year olds word) also known as "ants on a log".It's a celery stalk filled with peanut butter and topped with raisins.

Quoting PikachuLuver:

The ladies who said they would never ever feed their kids mac and cheese are just straight out lying....or crazy? Just trying to make themselves sound good to complete strangers.

Ronda2012
by on May. 25, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Awesome! Thanks! Yeah, when I do the homemade crackers they don't last long! LOL!

Quoting fairymom82:

Yes I slice with a mandoline as thin as possible and brush with a very light coating of olive oil. Then sprinkle with a touch of salt .. Bake in a 225-250 degree oven till crispy . Time depends on humidity that day. You can use cinnamon sugar for a sweet treat too ginger mixed with that tastes yummy . Store in airtight containers up to a week but they don't last long here

Quoting Ronda2012:

We have a TON of sweet potatoes from our CSA - do you do the sweet potato chips in the oven?

Quoting fairymom82:

This is basically our house but we make baked sweet potato chips and I make fruit leather in my food dehydrater. I got it because dried fruit is hard to find without sulfur and my kidney disease doesn't respond well to sulfur or nitrate .

Quoting thegoodsied76:

This is typical of what you will find in our home

We keep a snack cabinet:

Dried friuts and nuts

Trail mix

Granola

Fruit leather

Wheat thins

Instant oatmeal

Graham crackers

We have a fruit bowl that the kids know is never off limits

Refridgerated items:

String cheese

Cheese curds

Yogurt

Grapes

Things not allowed:

Potato chips, snack cakes, candy bars, pop tarts, fruit snacks

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on May. 25, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Air popped pop corn is a favorite (and sometimes we throw m&ms in)
Raw veggies, fresh green beans, sliced up bell peppers, broccoli and carrots.
Hummus
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)