Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

to all the mommas hatin on the junk food

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
ive been reading a lot of anti junk food stuff on this site.
just curious what you all usually do for snacks or munchies
how about a healthy snack idea post. list some favorites in your house please
Posted by Anonymous on May. 25, 2013 at 3:05 AM
Replies (91-100):
PrissyAnne
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Fresh fruit or veggies. Whole wheat crackers and cheese.

Mostly it's different fresh fruits. My kids love them.
Mommy383
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Bananas, celery, popcorn, yogurt, applesauce, strawberries,oranges. Sometimes we make smoothies with frozen fruit. I buy one box of poptarts for the month and when its gone, thats it. Same with fruit snacks.

Cozie_Sisika458
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2013 at 5:24 PM
I am not anti junk food but we dont have junk food on a daily basis either. Crackers, fruit, those rice cakes, popcorn, trail mix, nuts, string cheese, yogurts, veggies, animal crackers, homemade cookies. Stuff like that. My kids love smoothies too.

I'm a tattooed, piercing,  fresh eating, animal loving, free spirited, sort of helicopter, FF, CIO, circumcision, vax, pro-life, anti flu shot, non co sleeping, 3LO's, early potty training, snuggling is the best, video gaming, limited tv watching, natural remedies, natural health, Jesus is my home boy, church going, educated, writer, artist, photography, sarcastic kind of mom!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on May. 25, 2013 at 5:27 PM
I don't feed my kids Mac n cheese. My oldest and youngest have a dairy allergy.

Quoting PikachuLuver:

The ladies who said they would never ever feed their kids mac and cheese are just straight out lying....or crazy? Just trying to make themselves sound good to complete strangers.
butterbean491
by New Member on May. 25, 2013 at 5:31 PM
ok...I totally understand the importance of eating healthy. Yes, I do try my best to get my son to eat healthy snacks. However, He is at the don't want to eat stage. I have cried several times at the dr office because I don' feel he is eating enough to be healthy. I have adopted an as long as he's eating policy. I don't care if its a cookie, it is something to eat. Luckily, he loves cereal bars. I know its still not the best but at least its whole grains and not chocolate. Maybe when he gets out of this stage then I can get back to healthy choices.
davnrori
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2013 at 5:40 PM

We eat hummus and veggies, all kinds of fresh fruit, air-popped popcorn, greek yogurt, homemade trail mix. When we eat snacks at home, we make them. Buying processed snacks doesn't make sense. They're more expensive and they don't taste as good.

momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2013 at 5:44 PM
We have healthy snacks and some not so healthy. They are kids everything is good with limits. If they want a small bag of chips then so be it. They are healthy so that's all that matters
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
auntietotty
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Occasionally we have junk food but it consists of homemade cookies or muffins. Or some kind of berry/fruit crisp.

We eat a lot of apples, bananas, plums, grapes...oh, and yogurt.

I dont buy chips.

My husband eats popcorn occasionally but Im not a fan of popcorn.

Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on May. 25, 2013 at 5:49 PM

I just ate a Kashi Dark Chocolate Coconut layered granola bar, and the kids are eating graham crackers. But I'm sure those are unhealthy and we will all die of food related cancer soon.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on May. 25, 2013 at 5:50 PM

We are not anti junk food, but we do everything in moderation. My kids eat one "junk" snack a day, and two healthy snacks. For the healthy snacks the have hummus, or guacamole (I make it with "slimcados" that have less fat, plus it has tomatoes and onion and garlic and lime) or tzatziki. They eat each of those with fresh vegetables. They also have fresh fruit, smoothies, Greek yogurt (plain, not the sugar loaded flavored stuff).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)