Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

the selfish reasons to why i exclusively breast feed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies
1 mom liked this
#1 her dad can't take her ANYWHERE with out me. (He's a good dad but I don't wanf her to get too close with his family)

#2 at night time feedings I don't need to make a bottle. Its faster to just pull my shirt down.

#3 I don't need to spend money on formula.

#4 my cousin had a baby 2 months before me and she did it with no epidural. So how do I top her and look like the better mom? I breast feed while she formula feeds.

If it wasn't for all of that then I would just formula feed her. I just wanted to share this for everyone that thinks ebf moms think they are superior. Some ebf moms are selfish too and we know it.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 25, 2013 at 4:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 25, 2013 at 4:03 AM

I thought you'all did it to lose weight?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 25, 2013 at 4:06 AM
You do lose weight when you breast feed but that's not one of my selfish reasons.

Quoting Anonymous:

I thought you'all did it to lose weight?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 25, 2013 at 4:11 AM

I want to breastfeed, one of my reasons being I want to bond with my child. Getting to hold him or her every single time they feed will be the most amazing thing for me. However, I will only be able to do that for 2 months then I have to pump :/

Misery_Stitches
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 4:16 AM
My "selfish" reason is to lower my chances of breast cancer. All other reasons were for the benefit of my kids.

Forgot to add... and because it's free lol

Proud to be from

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 25, 2013 at 4:16 AM
Why? If you don't put your baby to your breast then your milk will slowly begin to dry up even if you are pumping. So don't stop putting.g your baby to your breast until you are going to wean the baby.

Quoting Anonymous:

I want to breastfeed, one of my reasons being I want to bond with my child. Getting to hold him or her every single time they feed will be the most amazing thing for me. However, I will only be able to do that for 2 months then I have to pump :/

crumpy_gat
by No. on May. 25, 2013 at 4:17 AM

O.o

briellesmomma
by Velvet on May. 25, 2013 at 4:17 AM
I did both with my daughter. Shrugs
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 25, 2013 at 4:18 AM
I don't think I would say that is selfish. Its good to want to avoid cancer.

Quoting Misery_Stitches:

My "selfish" reason is to lower my chances of breast cancer. All other reasons were for the benefit of my kids

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 25, 2013 at 4:20 AM

I can't bring my baby to work to breastfeed after I go back?? Have to pump until I dry out, then it has to be formula. I at least get 2 full months of it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why? If you don't put your baby to your breast then your milk will slowly begin to dry up even if you are pumping. So don't stop putting.g your baby to your breast until you are going to wean the baby.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 25, 2013 at 4:22 AM

as your daughter's primary caregiver, how horrid of you, that you should want a bond with your daughter through breast feeding instead of handing her over to others who can not give your daughter the kind of healthy parenting you have been giving her!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN