Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Just called the cops...update again

Posted by on May. 25, 2013 at 4:16 AM
  • 54 Replies
My dog was barking so I got up to take him out after trying to avoid it. It was 4 o clock in the morning, and im exhausted.

Well, I attach him to his lead and across the lake ( we live in townhomes) there was a guy and girl screaming. The guy was yelling for her to shut up and obviously holding onto her tightly. The girl was begging him to stop and throwing her arms up to escape his grasp. My mom came downstairs because she too heard the screaming.

So she runs upstairs to grab my phone off the charger and threw it down to me. As I walked back outside with 911 on the line, the girls body went limp and struggled to carry her away.

I dont know if he went into the townhomes, the car, etc. it felt like foreVer before the police showed up. Now theyre searching the neighborhood.

I really hope that the girl is okay. I did what I could as fast as I could. I will feel so guilty if something happened.

Update: The cops havent come back and from what I can tell, they are gone. There were a lot of flashlights at the spot where I saw it but I didnt see anything other than that. I was hoping theyd tell me something. =/ Maybe because its early, they thought id go back to bed or something. If I.hear anything, ill update again.

Update #2: Still no news. Kinda wondering if I.should call the non emergency number to see if anything was figured out. Im really shaky and start crying when I think about it. I wish I could have done more for her.
by on May. 25, 2013 at 4:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 25, 2013 at 4:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I would have shouted back or run after her. I know they say not to step into domestic violence cases, but I stopped a man from hitting his wife once and I would do it again!

Then again, I'm a 2nd degree black belt and can kick some ass! I would stand up for any woman in need!

FrozenReesesCup
by on May. 25, 2013 at 4:20 AM
Omg next time grab a weapon!
kissesxoxo8882
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2013 at 4:21 AM

omg I hope she is alright

MommyStar3343
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 4:21 AM
I wish I could have. But even If I.had the skills to do that, he could have gotten away much faster since he was across the lake.

I admire your courage though!

Quoting Anonymous:

I would have shouted back or run after her. I know they say not to step into domestic violence cases, but I stopped a man from hitting his wife once and I would do it again!

Then again, I'm a 2nd degree black belt and can kick some ass! I would stand up for any woman in need!

MommyStar3343
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 4:22 AM
I dont own a gun yet and anything else would take to long. They were across the lake.

Quoting FrozenReesesCup:

Ronda2012
by on May. 25, 2013 at 4:22 AM

Good for you for calling the cops! YES! I love when people do the right thing. I hope that the girl is okay too! 

britadams10
by on May. 25, 2013 at 4:22 AM

holy shit, that is scary! i hope they find them!

MommyStar3343
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 4:24 AM
I live in a normally very safe neighborhood so I knew that was out of the norm. I would hope someone would call the cops for me if god forbid it were me.

Quoting Ronda2012:

Good for you for calling the cops! YES! I love when people do the right thing. I hope that the girl is okay too! 

FrozenReesesCup
by on May. 25, 2013 at 4:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Get a flare gun. If you see a super cheap set of golf clubs, get those. They're good for protection.

Quoting MommyStar3343:

I dont own a gun yet and anything else would take to long. They were across the lake.

Quoting FrozenReesesCup:

_Mrs.N_57
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 4:25 AM
Wow. I hope they find her!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)