Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

smoker dating a non smoker: will he tell?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 63 Replies

I have started dating a guy who hates smokers.I was not smoking when I met him and stress made me pick it up again. he has been trying to see me tonight and I have been beating about the bush because I am afraid I wont be able to get rid of the oder in my mouth.Yes I do brush my teeth and I have plenty of hours to keep working on this but does the oddoer really go away?

advice please

edit:

for people who made comments about my hair and clothes:

if I shampoo my hair and use the products that i use to straighten it and nblow dry it, the smell is not on my hair. Also, if all clothes and clean and I don't light a cigarette for the rest of the day, the smell is not on my hair and clothes.My concern is my mouth

And I am not one of those heavy smoker that even have darker spots around their fingers for lighting and holding cigarettes

also, my question clearly said if he could smell it if my last cigarette was last night

Posted by Anonymous on May. 25, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christina0607
by on May. 25, 2013 at 11:20 AM

If he is even slightly observant...he will be able to tell.

Just tell him you smoke again. Whats your plan...to lie forever? 

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2013 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I would be honest with him. Are you willing to quit? If so do it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 25, 2013 at 11:21 AM
When y'all kiss, he can taste that stuff.
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 25, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Why not just be honest?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aslen
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2013 at 11:21 AM
You gotta come clean
MomOfTwoK
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Be honest. The stench doesn't ever go away.  

xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Evenif you could completely rid yourself of the odor, smoking stains your teeth and fingernails. Anyone observant enough could tell based on that alone. Even if he couldn't you should be honest with him; relationships started based on lies don't tend to end well.
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on May. 25, 2013 at 11:23 AM
He'll be able to tell. And honestly you should just tell him. He'll either accept it and y'all will keep dating, or he won't and y'all will move on. Nbd imo.
ProudMamma1982
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 11:24 AM
be honest?? lying is nevery good little or big, and hidIng something isn't any better.
davnrori
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Yes, he will be able to tell. Even if you brush your teeth, floss, and chew gum, your clothes and hair will still smell like smoke. The smell also comes from your exhalations because of the tar and everything that is in your lungs. You either have to tell him and let him make his own decision or quit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)