Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you ever taken your kids to Disneyworld/land?

Posted by on May. 25, 2013 at 12:44 PM
  • 68 Replies

If so, did it cost a small fortune? Where did you stay? Was it worth the money?I'm trying to decide should I take them to Disneyworld in Florida, which is just one state away from us, about a 10 hour drive, or do home repairs.  I don't want to wait too long to take them, we have never had a family vacation to disneyworld.  Decisions decisions!  

by on May. 25, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on May. 25, 2013 at 12:46 PM
We took DD to Disneyland for 4 nights. We stayed at the Disneyland hotel. The package included park hopper passes and two character meals. $1800 total. All together we probably spent $2500 to $3000 on everything.
sahmw2010
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Not yet... But we want to
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 25, 2013 at 12:47 PM

We go to Disneyland 3 times a year and I love it.

Yes, it can be expensive. But I think it is worth it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 25, 2013 at 12:48 PM

That is my favorite hotel at Disneyland. I just love it. I'll bet you had a ton of fun.

Quoting KairisMama:

We took DD to Disneyland for 4 nights. We stayed at the Disneyland hotel. The package included park hopper passes and two character meals. $1800 total. All together we probably spent $2500 to $3000 on everything.

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Nope, we won't till our youngest is six years old. We want them all to enjoy and us to.
Annettey19
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this
No. I want to in a way, but I feel like from what I've heard it's all hype and the lines are loooong. I'd rather go on a kid friendly cruise, or another cool amusement park that's not so overwhelmingly popular and you can actually get in a lot of rides. I think it'd end up being more actual fun and less expensive.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 25, 2013 at 12:49 PM

No, I haven't but have done some research and it can be done rather inexpensively if you are willing to stay outside the resort, pack your own lunches, etc.

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on May. 25, 2013 at 12:49 PM
It was fabulous. I can't wait to return with both kids in a year or so.

Quoting Anonymous:

That is my favorite hotel at Disneyland. I just love it. I'll bet you had a ton of fun.

Quoting KairisMama:

PEEK05
by on May. 25, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Yes we did.  We went to Disneyland since it's closest.  It cost us $1500.  We are going to Disney World when the kids are older since it will cost so much more than that since we're coming from Washington and want a week long experience lol! We are going to Disneyland again next year though. :)

snowpeasmom
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2013 at 12:50 PM
I go yo disneyland once a month and stay on site once a year, we have gone to wdw 2. If you go in sept, you can get amazing deals to wdw.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)