Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do some single moms do this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 131 Replies
3 moms liked this

I ran into the store the other day and there was this woman who deserved to get smacked out of this world!  Her son was maybe 4 or 5 years-old and she was saying, “This is my little man right here.  He takes good care of his momma.”  What in the damn?!  I really hope I am not the only one that finds this comment disturbing.  I say this because I have dated and know people who have dated momma’s boys.  And maybe it was an “a-ha” moment for me when she said it. Stupid-ass woman like in the store, telling their sons they are big strong men who have to take care of the parent at the early age of 4.Idiots at science fairs yelling, "Win your mama some money!"

This is not the first time I have heard this either.  When I used to intern at an elementary school, I would speak with kids and with parents.  I would hear from single mothers MANY of times, “He’s the man of the house.”  I’m thinking to myself, “You are a sad if you are having your 4th grader be the ‘man’ of your house….mainly in part because he is not a man, he is  NINE.”  In high school, you would see boys working and when they got their paychecks, “I gotta give it to my mom.” With not a dime kept for themselves.

I have dds who will one day date.  I’m concerned about the pool of men they will have to choose from, since I know there are women out there that think it’s okay to take from their children’s paycheck and force 9 year-olds to run their house.  Here is my reasoning as to why I feel these women are destroying our future men by allowing them to be the “man” of the house, taking from their paychecks, forcing them to hawk over their mothers at the age of 8.  I don’t have some doctorate or study to back me up, just real life. And I am NOT speaking of every single mother with a son, just those that I know who do some of these things!!

********These few boys/situations are just EXAMPLES.I'm not fixated on what I saw at the supermarket ALONE.The woman in my post is just one person, an example..I'm not "reading into" anything.Theres a greater picture here, and its not limited to one person.

***EDIT: For those of you who don't get it, would you be okay with anyone refering your baby girls  as "little woman?" "It's time to be a woman?" Yet these boys get referred to as "little man". Any thoughts on why the double standard?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 25, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 25, 2013 at 3:18 PM
6 moms liked this

If you are a single mother – GET A VILLAGE OF ADULTS!!!!  I couldn’t even tell you how many times I’ve heard of the older sibling taking care of the younger sibling/s.  Not the junior high or high school sibling babysitting.  I’m talking about kids under ten getting their sibling/s up and ready for school because the parent wants to sleep in a little or is too tired from working.  Or cooking dinner for them because no one is home. Let me put it this way, would it be okay if this same child got someone pregnant?  So if under ten is too young to become a parent, why allow them to take on the parental role for YOUR kids? 

staceysgorbach
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 3:19 PM
2 moms liked this
Eh......I'm married and my boys like to take care of mom. As they have gotten older....oldest going to 10th grade, they will make me a cup of coffee without me asking, or make me a plate of food,they still like to brush my hair,they like to paint my toenails,or rub my feet with lotion. I see it as my boys being loving and will take care of their wives the same way.
NorseGodessMom
by on May. 25, 2013 at 3:20 PM
3 moms liked this

I dont see anything wrong with the first comment. “This is my little man right here. He takes good care of his momma.” I think its cute, when I try on clothing I ask my DD "how do I look?'" and she says "so pretty mommy" and I say "I have you so well trained" its fun! get over yourself.

LandonSky
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 3:20 PM
3 moms liked this

You need an adult support system. Do not lean on your children!!!You and your lack of  their father or man in your life are not their crosses to bear. Women need to stop raising their son to be their husband. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 25, 2013 at 3:23 PM
So what if they don't get a dime to themselves. I'm sure the are expensive to keep.
LandonSky
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Being obligated to tell you how you look and doing it because he wants to are two diff things.

Quoting NorseGodessMom:

I dont see anything wrong with the first comment. “This is my little man right here. He takes good care of his momma.” I think its cute, when I try on clothing I ask my DD "how do I look?'" and she says "so pretty mommy" and I say "I have you so well trained" its fun! get over yourself.

JordanCsMommy
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 3:24 PM
4 moms liked this
I don't see anything wrong with “This is my little man right here. He takes good care of his momma.” either. When DH leaves to work he always tell DS "Okay son, you're the man of the house while dad is gone, take care of mom." I think its cute.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 25, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Welfare moms in broken homes

Lovemybabyboy09
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2013 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this
We joke in our family about DS taking care of me when Dh is gone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 25, 2013 at 3:27 PM

This has always pissed me off. Why the fuck should the kids get a job just to support the single mom? If a teenager gets a job it should be to cover their own shit. Like concert tickets, make up, shoes, movies, dates, road trips etc etc. Things they shouldnt have to beg their parents for.Not fucking putting food on the table, or paying the light bill. Fuck that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)