Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Making Meal Plans is Stupid!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I plan my meals. A month at a time actually. This way I can go to the store and know EXACTLY what I need to buy and when to use it. The weekly plans get hung on the fridge so I know what to cook DD for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Well, DS just started on Gerber 1st foods, about a month ago. He's up to five different foods (3 veggies, two fruits) and actually eats A LOT. His doctor said though, that since he shows that he's no longer hungry by pushing away the spoon there's nothing to be worried about and if that means feed him two containers, then so be it. He's not overweight so that's not an issue. Well my mom was over yesterday when I pulled ALL of the baby food out of the cupboard, and started stacking it and writing out a baby meal plan for next month so that when I go to the store next Saturday, I will know exactly how many of each to buy. I have over $50 worth of baby food that I bought at the beginning of the month (yes, I planned what I was going to feed him and when to introduce what). Apparently it's disgusting that I have that much food and it's CRAZY and STUPID to buy that much baby food at once. When I told her I do that with all my other food (minus things that I need fresh, like Milk or fruits and veggies) she got this appalled look on her face, raised her hands in the air and yelled "I raised a freaking idiot" as she walked out the door. Is this really as stupid as she says it is or is she overreacting?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 25, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Replies (11-20):
flowerfunleah
by Leah on May. 25, 2013 at 4:06 PM

She's overreacting, you're doing fine!

PurplePieguy
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 4:06 PM

I meal plan, too, but I never did it with baby food. 

calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2013 at 4:07 PM
I don't have time to plan out meals like that but we always have food in the house for meals.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happykitty316
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Your mom is weird - meal planning isn't stupid, it's smart.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 25, 2013 at 4:07 PM

I'm not sure if I do or not. My fiance is in the military and he sends a months worth of pay up to me at the beginning of the month. From that I take care of my bills up here, take care of myself and the kids, and put some into the saving account that we've set up for when we're married.

Quoting Anonymous:

She's the idiot. I bet you spend a lot less on groceries doing it this way.

TarantulaTress
by on May. 25, 2013 at 4:08 PM
She's overreacting. I plan my meals weeks out and wind up saving tons of money doing so.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Princess.Sara
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 4:09 PM

She's overreacting. I used to do the same thing before we moved and I had a huge walk in pantry and a deep freeze. Now I just go every two weeks instead of every month.

~Wife to Joseph, married May 22nd, 2009. Mommy to two little angels sitting with God, June 2009 and December 2011; and two beautiful boys, Aiden Richard born July 3rd, 2010 and Liam Wayne born March 6th, 2013~

BekahBrownEyes
by NoLies on May. 25, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Waaayyy overreacting. Sounds like petty jealousy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 25, 2013 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I never did with DD, but then when the end of the month hit, and I had no baby food or only one kind of baby food and no real extra money to go get more, I learned my lesson. This time around, I'm not taking that chance. DF is in the military and he sends money at the beginning of each month. I have to budget it between bills, food, fuel, and our savings account.

Quoting PurplePieguy:

I meal plan, too, but I never did it with baby food. 

squocket
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Lol, I don't even understand what her issue is. What you are doing sounds awesome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured