Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Making Meal Plans is Stupid!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I plan my meals. A month at a time actually. This way I can go to the store and know EXACTLY what I need to buy and when to use it. The weekly plans get hung on the fridge so I know what to cook DD for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Well, DS just started on Gerber 1st foods, about a month ago. He's up to five different foods (3 veggies, two fruits) and actually eats A LOT. His doctor said though, that since he shows that he's no longer hungry by pushing away the spoon there's nothing to be worried about and if that means feed him two containers, then so be it. He's not overweight so that's not an issue. Well my mom was over yesterday when I pulled ALL of the baby food out of the cupboard, and started stacking it and writing out a baby meal plan for next month so that when I go to the store next Saturday, I will know exactly how many of each to buy. I have over $50 worth of baby food that I bought at the beginning of the month (yes, I planned what I was going to feed him and when to introduce what). Apparently it's disgusting that I have that much food and it's CRAZY and STUPID to buy that much baby food at once. When I told her I do that with all my other food (minus things that I need fresh, like Milk or fruits and veggies) she got this appalled look on her face, raised her hands in the air and yelled "I raised a freaking idiot" as she walked out the door. Is this really as stupid as she says it is or is she overreacting?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 25, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on May. 25, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Wow, has she ever had a stroke? I mean seriously, who gets that upset over someone being organized and planned? Was she not very organized or put together as a mom when you were growing up? Maybe she's just feeling a little insecure about the way she did things as a wife or a parent and she's taken it out on you. My mom takes every opportunity to cut me down somewhere and I think a lot of it is because I make her see, just how much she lacked as a parent.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on May. 25, 2013 at 4:16 PM

i dont know if this helps, but have you considered a baby bullet? you could make your own baby food... just an idea... even if it is OT

mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on May. 25, 2013 at 4:17 PM

no its a blender!

lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Does it make squishy sounds when you mush up the food? Seriously, I tried making him banana's once and the sound about made me puke. I don't know why but the weridest things have been making my stomach turn lately.

Quoting mommysangelface:

girl get the baby bullet!

it will be so much cheaper and you can freeze the left overs!

Mommynwife26
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Quoting Toxic.Stardust:

she's overreacting. I do the same thing, except two weeks at a time

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 25, 2013 at 4:17 PM

I only get money once a month. My DF is in the military and sends money at the beginning of each month. Therefore, it's easier for me to just buy what I think I'm going to need. If I don't end up using it all, then I don't end up using it all. It's no big deal. If I end up with a surplus of unused baby food, I can always take it to the homeless family shelter here in town. I'm sure some of those women would love to get some food for their babies.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think it is so much easier to meal plan! I wish I could do it for the whole month...I just do a week at a time. However, I wouldn't stock up on that much baby food. Both my kiddos suddenly refused to eat baby food, and would only eat soft solids. With my first, I had juststocked up, and ended up giving away about $50 worth of food. With my second I didn't keep so much aonce, so I didn't have as much to give away. Also, if he's eating so much purees, have you tried soft solids?

mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on May. 25, 2013 at 4:17 PM

i told her about it!

i just didnt post a pic!

lol

Quoting Anonymous:

i dont know if this helps, but have you considered a baby bullet? you could make your own baby food... just an idea... even if it is OT

GhettoKoolAide
by Lighthouse Blues on May. 25, 2013 at 4:17 PM
I wouldn't meal plan my babies food. But I made all if his and just bought fresh things when we got low.

I couldn't do for a month at a time. That is just waaay to much planning for me, lol
DragonInfinity
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2013 at 4:17 PM

She's overreacting! We do that too, but only for 2weeks instead of a month. We are going to go to town after the kids get up from their naps to do just that as well as get some diaper, wipes, and other necessarities that we need.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safety in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming, "WOO HOO, what a ride!!!"

Rosebud27aj
by Amanda on May. 25, 2013 at 4:18 PM

She's overreacting...I plan like that too, but by 2 weeks at a time. Except with meat, I buy a whole months worth at a time. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 25, 2013 at 4:18 PM

She's never had a stroke...but she's one of those people who thinks her ideas are the only right ideas and if you don't follow those ideas, you're stupid and ignorant.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow, has she ever had a stroke? I mean seriously, who gets that upset over someone being organized and planned? Was she not very organized or put together as a mom when you were growing up? Maybe she's just feeling a little insecure about the way she did things as a wife or a parent and she's taken it out on you. My mom takes every opportunity to cut me down somewhere and I think a lot of it is because I make her see, just how much she lacked as a parent.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)