Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mowing while Pregnant?

Posted by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:01 PM
  • 46 Replies
My dh and I just got into an argument...
His company was offered a contract to mow lawn at a small apartment complex. He thought of me since I could make my own schedule, have a steady salary and have a paying job. I believe they have the weekend to decide and I said I'd love to do it. He said there's no way since I'm pregnant. I asked what the hell that had to do with anything and he said it would be bad for the baby,that the vibrations on the riding mower would be harmful.
personally, I can't see what difference is from riding in a car. And considering the amount of construction I've had to drive through daily to pick my son up from preschool for the last month I most certainly can't see the issue.
what do you think? Have you ever been told you can't drive a riding mower when pregnant?
btw I'm 36 weeks officially tomorrow so if it were to send me into labor...it wouldn't be horrible.
by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on May. 25, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Maybe all your doctor, but I can't see a problem with a riding mower.... I don't know..... 

Kimmiky
by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:14 PM
I forgot to put this in the op, I will see my midwife next week. I will be asking for her official opinion.

Quoting RazzleMySpazz:

Maybe all your doctor, but I can't see a problem with a riding mower.... I don't know..... 

Kimmiky
by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Bump
melissa632
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't really see any problem. All you're really doing is sitting and riding...lol.
Why did he even bring it up to you if he was just going to get mad about you doing it? That makes no sense to me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 25, 2013 at 6:22 PM

I would have to agree with your husband. I don't think mowing will hurt your while you are pregnant but I wouldn't use a riding lawn mower because I have seen them flip and I have seen a couple of guys get hurt.

Kimmiky
by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Well he asked me because their company doesn't really do mowing but his boss thought it would be a good job for my dh to do on the side to earn extra on the weekends. But my dh suggested me because he's never driven one before but I have. But he's concerned about the baby and they don't have enough workers to spare while I'm "incapacitated"

Quoting melissa632:

I don't really see any problem. All you're really doing is sitting and riding...lol.

Why did he even bring it up to you if he was just going to get mad about you doing it? That makes no sense to me.
Kimmiky
by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Well they can flip if you're an idiot and drive it where you shouldn't. Lol. They don't just flip on level ground and there's ways to drive it on uneven ground that would make it less dangerous...

Quoting Anonymous:

I would have to agree with your husband. I don't think mowing will hurt your while you are pregnant but I wouldn't use a riding lawn mower because I have seen them flip and I have seen a couple of guys get hurt.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 25, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Well, if the ground is level then  I wouldn't see a problem. I saw it happen to three different guys but none where on level ground.

Quoting Kimmiky:

Well they can flip if you're an idiot and drive it where you shouldn't. Lol. They don't just flip on level ground and there's ways to drive it on uneven ground that would make it less dangerous...

Quoting Anonymous:

GabbyP.
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:40 PM
I don't see the issue.
Kimmiky
by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Well let me guess they were prolly going way too fast, being silly and drugs/alcohol were involved...

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, if the ground is level then  I wouldn't see a problem. I saw it happen to three different guys but none where on level ground.

Quoting Kimmiky:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)