Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He's in his carrier all day???

Posted by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:03 PM
  • 34 Replies
DH's cousin has a 6 month old baby, and he is ALWAYS in his carrier (infant car seat). His cousin will prop his bottle up with a blanket in there, stick him in front of the TV in there, or just leave him in there with a toy. But he is never out! He doesn't even try to roll over yet, he's no where close to try to sit up, and if you try to stand him up his legs completely buckle because he has no muscles built since he's always in there! Not to mention he is always dirty! Boogers all over him and stinky from spit up. I just want to pick him up and bathe him and play with him! But she always says "Oh just leave him, he likes it in there" any time someone tries to hold him. Am I the only one that thinks this is so sad and terrible? I think babies at that age need all the love and interaction they can get! I mean I understand that babies need to self entertain. DS is 5 months old and I will leave him on the floor to play or in his walker for some time but after a while I always play with him! I just think its sad :(
by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
askyourmother
by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:13 PM
File a report. Does she take him to well child checks? The doctor should have noticed that something was up.
JordanCsMommy
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:17 PM
I want to file a report but I just wanted to make sure I'm not the only who thinks this is totally wrong.. and I honestly don't think her doctor is very thorough. She has medi-cal I don't think her doctor really pays too much attention unless you point things out yourself.

Quoting askyourmother:

File a report. Does she take him to well child checks? The doctor should have noticed that something was up.

kissesxoxo8882
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:18 PM

poor baby

askyourmother
by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Yes its totally wrong!

Quoting JordanCsMommy:

I want to file a report but I just wanted to make sure I'm not the only who thinks this is totally wrong.. and I honestly don't think her doctor is very thorough. She has medi-cal I don't think her doctor really pays too much attention unless you point things out yourself.

Quoting askyourmother:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 25, 2013 at 6:20 PM
She can cause him to have a flat spot on the back of his head. A friend of mine was the same way and the back of her kids head isnt rounded its flat.
JordanCsMommy
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:21 PM
I know it breaks my heart!

Quoting kissesxoxo8882:

poor baby

luckysevenwow
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Have you talked to her? Have you explained that there are things he should be doing by 6 months that he's not and that there is a really easy solution that will get him up to where he should be?

He doesn't really sound 'neglected', honestly he is within the realm of norm for not doing many of the things you mention.

Next time you are over and she says to leave him, walk over and pick him up anyways, then play with him. Model what she should be doing.

Only file a report if you think, without a doubt that if they remove him from the home (in the event they do) he will be in a better place then the one he is in currently.

JordanCsMommy
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:22 PM
His head is already getting like that! :(

Quoting Anonymous:

She can cause him to have a flat spot on the back of his head. A friend of mine was the same way and the back of her kids head isnt rounded its flat.

jamamama00
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:23 PM

A baby died in my hometown from bottle propping. Choked to death on her own vomit.

paintitblack0
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

It's concerning. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)