Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

dh vent

Posted by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:10 PM
  • 28 Replies

I've been working on a HUGE work project since the end of March that culminated with a week long trip to Washington, D.C. this past week.   DH, fortunately, did not have any work scheduled so he was able to "stay home" with our three boys (ages 10, 6 and 7 months).  

The whole time I was gone he kept telling me how "on-top" of everything he was.... the house was clean, he cleaned my car, the boys had everything they needed, etc.

I got home and found the house literally looking like a hurricane blew through, the baby has the worst diaper rash I've ever seen, there is no food and my car was littered with cigarette boxes (he supposedly quit 5 years ago, but I've had my suspicions that he started up again and that totally confirmed it).  

So he says to me "I have a whole new respect for you and all that you do."   Ugh, I am so fed up.  He didn't even have to WORK this week, how could the whole thing have just fallen to pieces?

So anyway, I'm jetlagged, exhausted and spending my Memorial Day Weekend cleaning and grocery shopping. 

I should feel justified but I don't.

by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 25, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Sorry you haven't posted much lately?

Are we suppose to know who you are?

daisybaby91
by lipstick on May. 25, 2013 at 6:15 PM
3 moms liked this

Well that was rude!

I'm sorry you came home to that! I would be making him clean and do the shopping while I spent some time with the kids and relaxed from the trip. SMH, men!

Quoting Anonymous:

Sarafinn2012
by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:15 PM

I would NOT be happy. I would make him help me clean the dang place up. That's for sure!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 25, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Get over it princess. 

No one knows who this person is...and I doubt anyone noticed that she hasn't posted in awhile.

Quoting daisybaby91:

Well that was rude!

I'm sorry you came home to that! I would be making him clean and do the shopping while I spent some time with the kids and relaxed from the trip. SMH, men!

Quoting Anonymous:

ColeAreeaJet
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:16 PM

He has to work this weekend so he is gone til Monday :( 

Quoting Sarafinn2012:

I would NOT be happy. I would make him help me clean the dang place up. That's for sure!

ColeAreeaJet
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this

No one knows who you are either...  anon is a sham

Quoting Anonymous:

Get over it princess. 

No one knows who this person is...and I doubt anyone noticed that she hasn't posted in awhile.

Quoting daisybaby91:

Well that was rude!

Quoting Anonymous:

kngarber
by Katie on May. 25, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Okay anon.....run along.

Quoting Anonymous:

Get over it princess. 

Quoting daisybaby91:

Well that was rude!

Quoting Anonymous:

mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Well, at least he said he has a new found respect for you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 25, 2013 at 6:19 PM

His ass would be doing everything right along with me.  What the hell was he doing???

mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Besides the cigarettes and diaper rash I would have probably came home to the same thing. Oh, and pizza boxes stacked to the sky.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)