Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I've been working on a HUGE work project since the end of March that culminated with a week long trip to Washington, D.C. this past week.   DH, fortunately, did not have any work scheduled so he was able to "stay home" with our three boys (ages 10, 6 and 7 months).  

The whole time I was gone he kept telling me how "on-top" of everything he was.... the house was clean, he cleaned my car, the boys had everything they needed, etc.

I got home and found the house literally looking like a hurricane blew through, the baby has the worst diaper rash I've ever seen, there is no food and my car was littered with cigarette boxes (he supposedly quit 5 years ago, but I've had my suspicions that he started up again and that totally confirmed it).  

So he says to me "I have a whole new respect for you and all that you do."   Ugh, I am so fed up.  He didn't even have to WORK this week, how could the whole thing have just fallen to pieces?

So anyway, I'm jetlagged, exhausted and spending my Memorial Day Weekend cleaning and grocery shopping. 

I should feel justified but I don't.

by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Replies (11-20):
paintitblack0
by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Hahah, he does?

Have him go buy grocery, with a list. Your more Patient than I am.

dereksmom09
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Someone probably knows who she is. Stop being rude.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry you haven't posted much lately?

Are we suppose to know who you are?

daisybaby91
by lipstick on May. 25, 2013 at 6:21 PM
2 moms liked this

so what awful thing happened to you to make you be such an unpleasant person? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Get over it princess. 

No one knows who this person is...and I doubt anyone noticed that she hasn't posted in awhile.

Quoting daisybaby91:

Well that was rude!

I'm sorry you came home to that! I would be making him clean and do the shopping while I spent some time with the kids and relaxed from the trip. SMH, men!

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 25, 2013 at 6:22 PM

She could have pm'd them LOL No one knows who this person is. I doubt anyone cares.

Quoting dereksmom09:

Someone probably knows who she is. Stop being rude.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sarafinn2012
by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Next time you go out of town like that I'd hire a maid and a nanny if I were you. That's not fair for him to not take care of the house and kids. I know it isn't easy, but dang he's got to step up!!

Quoting ColeAreeaJet:

He has to work this weekend so he is gone til Monday :( 

Quoting Sarafinn2012:

I would NOT be happy. I would make him help me clean the dang place up. That's for sure!

Frannylove12
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:27 PM
That is so awful!!!!! I've come to the conclusion that no matter how much help you've got (which i do) the mommy will always do the most work. :-\
cmeinthelite29
by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:28 PM

When I would leave DH with the kids, I knew he could never handle things the way I did or would.  So I would just be happy that the kids weren't in the ER and had been fed.  I knew I'd spend the next day cleaning up after him.  

Alyia72
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:29 PM

I so feel for you..I was only gone one night in the hospital when I came home I was mortified at how messy my house was...and my MIL was there watching the girls while hubby and his dad picked me up from the hospital...He said the same thing..that he had a whole new respect for me and all I do.. And he had help his step mom was here watching the kids during the day..Sure we have three 23 month olds but my god..could you pick up after them just once...not what I wanted to find when I got home..  He knows better if people even his parents come to the house it is to be clean how embarassing...

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

kissesxoxo8882
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:31 PM

is he helping you clean at least

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on May. 25, 2013 at 6:31 PM

I'd be sitting on the couch telling him what to clean while I relaxed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN