Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I've been working on a HUGE work project since the end of March that culminated with a week long trip to Washington, D.C. this past week.   DH, fortunately, did not have any work scheduled so he was able to "stay home" with our three boys (ages 10, 6 and 7 months).  

The whole time I was gone he kept telling me how "on-top" of everything he was.... the house was clean, he cleaned my car, the boys had everything they needed, etc.

I got home and found the house literally looking like a hurricane blew through, the baby has the worst diaper rash I've ever seen, there is no food and my car was littered with cigarette boxes (he supposedly quit 5 years ago, but I've had my suspicions that he started up again and that totally confirmed it).  

So he says to me "I have a whole new respect for you and all that you do."   Ugh, I am so fed up.  He didn't even have to WORK this week, how could the whole thing have just fallen to pieces?

So anyway, I'm jetlagged, exhausted and spending my Memorial Day Weekend cleaning and grocery shopping. 

I should feel justified but I don't.

by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Replies (21-28):
andreamarie
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:32 PM
This,

Quoting Anonymous:

His ass would be doing everything right along with me.  What the hell was he doing???

ColeAreeaJet
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:55 PM

No.  He had to leave this morning for work.  He won't be back until late Monday night.  

Quoting kissesxoxo8882:

is he helping you clean at least

ColeAreeaJet
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:57 PM

That's the killer.  The housekeeper came on Thursday AND the baby went to his babysitter every day and the older boys went to school.   

Quoting Sarafinn2012:

Next time you go out of town like that I'd hire a maid and a nanny if I were you. That's not fair for him to not take care of the house and kids. I know it isn't easy, but dang he's got to step up!!

Quoting ColeAreeaJet:

He has to work this weekend so he is gone til Monday :( 

Quoting Sarafinn2012:

I would NOT be happy. I would make him help me clean the dang place up. That's for sure!

kissesxoxo8882
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:57 PM

well that totally sucks sorry hun. But I wouldn't let him slide so easily.

Quoting ColeAreeaJet:

No.  He had to leave this morning for work.  He won't be back until late Monday night.  

Quoting kissesxoxo8882:

is he helping you clean at least

Tatiana7
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Hire some cleaning ladies to help. I so would!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColeAreeaJet
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2013 at 7:28 PM

BUMP!

Sarafinn2012
by on May. 26, 2013 at 12:02 AM

So how did the baby end up with such bad diaper rash? That takes more than an overnight. How is the house that bad if the housekeeper was there just one day ago? I guess I'm confused.

Quoting ColeAreeaJet:

That's the killer.  The housekeeper came on Thursday AND the baby went to his babysitter every day and the older boys went to school.   

Quoting Sarafinn2012:

Next time you go out of town like that I'd hire a maid and a nanny if I were you. That's not fair for him to not take care of the house and kids. I know it isn't easy, but dang he's got to step up!!

Quoting ColeAreeaJet:

He has to work this weekend so he is gone til Monday :( 

Quoting Sarafinn2012:

I would NOT be happy. I would make him help me clean the dang place up. That's for sure!

melschlegs
by on May. 26, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Stop being a cunt and go to bed.  

Quoting Anonymous:

She could have pm'd them LOL No one knows who this person is. I doubt anyone cares.

Quoting dereksmom09:

Someone probably knows who she is. Stop being rude.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry you haven't posted much lately?

Are we suppose to know who you are?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)