Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

IS IT OK TO COMMIT STATUTORY RAPE? EVER? (calling all homosexuals)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

Poll

Question: So is it "EVER OK" to commit statutory rape?

Options:

Yes always ok

No Never ok

Only Ok if your not heterosexual

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 14

View Results

Debate is stirring nationwide over a case involving a Florida teenager who has been charged with felony child abuse for engaging in a sexual relationship with a female teammate, who is a minor.

Kaitlyn Hunt is an 18-year-old senior at Sebastian River High School — that is, until recently, when she was expelled from school after being arrested on criminal charges for having a same-sex physical relationship with a 14-year-old freshman. According to reports, both Hunt and the girl play on the school’s basketball team, and both were stated to have been in a consensual relationship.

However, when the coach found out about the two being romantically involved, she contacted the younger teen’s parents, who then called police. The girl’s mother, who also serves as a coach, had Hunt kicked off the team.

Police then set up a sting operation, having the girl call Hunt to discuss details surrounding their relationship. Based on the content of the discussion, since Hunt is considered an adult, they arrested her and charged the teen with two counts of felony child abuse for “lewd and lascivious conduct on a child ages 12-14.”

In the meantime, Hunt has denied the charges, claiming that the sexual relationship began when she was 17, and that she should therefore not be criminalized.

“I’m scared of losing the rest of my life, not being able to go to college and be around kids and my sisters and my family,” she told CBS News. “I’m just scared and hoping for the best…”

Hunts’ parents are supportive, and accuse the younger girl’s family of acting out in opposition merely because their daughter is a lesbian. The ACLU has also characterized the relationship as being harmless and consensual.

Additionally, a petition and Facebook page has been set up for Hunt called “Free Kate,” as tens of thousands are asking for the charges to be dropped.

“Thank you from a mother’s heart. Thank you for standing up for Kaitlyn and her cause,” Hunt’s mother, Kelley, recently told supporters.

However, others say that the case should be tried as it involves pedophilia and is not based on the teen’s homosexuality.

“This is called statutory rape. And it is wrong and the law is very clear on this topic,” wrote former criminal prosecutor Marcie Morgan in a blog post about the matter. “Taking sexual advantage of a younger, more vulnerable teen is a crime no matter what the orientation is of the perpetrator.”

“I don’t care if Kaitlyn Hunt was a transsexual or a hetero male. It is statutory rape because she is an adult and her victim is a child,” she continued. “When did the law change to protect lesbian sex predators when they abuse child victims?”

“This is a violation of the law that’s based upon an adult having sexual relations with a minor,” Charles Sullivan also told TODAY. “Gender, sexual orientation of the parties has absolutely nothing to do with the prosecution.”

State attorney Bruce Colton agreed.

“The law doesn’t make any differentiation. It doesn’t matter if it’s two girls or two boys, or an older boy and a younger girl or an older girl and a younger boy,” he said. “Whatever the combination, it doesn’t matter.”

Hunt was offered a plea deal, but refused. She faces up to 15 years in jail if convicted and will be required to register as a sex offender.

People have been getting only one side of the story up until about 2-3 days ago. 
Here's the actual police arrest report... 
http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/142642135?width=640 

and here are the 14 year old child's parents speaking up... 
http://cbs12.com/news/top-stories/stories/vid_7597.shtml 

Here's one of the most liberal, pro-'gay' sources on the net actually admitted they were wrong... 
http://m.dailykos.com/story/2013/05/20/1210464/-Falling-in-love-with-another-girl-lands-Florida-teen-in-criminal-jeopardy

In light of these new details, by continuing the lie that this is an issue of "gay" discrimination, they are trapping themselves into defending a position that makes it look like they think homosexuality makes molestation and/or statutory rape of a child okay. Would they be willing to start a support group for every 18 year old male arrested for having sex with his 14 year old girlfriend? How about every 18 year old female who has sex with their 14 year old boyfriend? How about every 18 year old male who has sex with a 14 year old boy? Why is statutory rape and molestation okay if it only involves homosexual behavior? 

By buying into the lie that this is about homosexuality, they are now (most of them without even realizing it) arguing that age of consent laws to protect children are bogus and thus getting closer to arguing that its okay for people who are legally adults to have sex with children. 

And again, even if 14 year old's parents are against or disagree with homosexual behavior, that's not relevant to the case. Even this homosexual activist blogger agrees... 

http://lesbianlife.about.com/od/youth/a/14andinLove.htm

Posted by Anonymous on May. 25, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy_dearest_
by on May. 25, 2013 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Idk.

Sometimes if a man honestly thinks a 16 year old is 18, then maybe. If she lies about her age.

I think it's kind of sad that we have to id before dating now

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 25, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Ya I am with you on that one.

However once you negate the laws that protect children there will be nothing to keep them safe.

Quoting mommy_dearest_:

Idk.

Sometimes if a man honestly thinks a 16 year old is 18, then maybe. If she lies about her age.

mommy_dearest_
by on May. 25, 2013 at 7:48 PM

I agree.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't

Quoting Anonymous:

Ya I am with you on that one.

However once you negate the laws that protect children there will be nothing to keep them safe.

Quoting mommy_dearest_:

Idk.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 28, 2013 at 3:36 PM

BUMP!

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on May. 28, 2013 at 3:37 PM
I think it should be a 4-5 year age gap where its not statutory rape. 18 is not a magic number.
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on May. 28, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I think statutory rape laws are ridiculous, because it IS consensual.

I had an 18 year old boyfriend when I was 14 - he was a senior, I was a sophomore.  My daughter turned 18 in Octorber of her senior year, and has a boyfriend who is a junior - who didn't turn 17 until last Christmas!  So for 2 months, it was a 16 year old boy, and an 18 year old girl.  Luckily here, the age of consent is 16.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 28, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Idk I was 17 & my now dh was 20 when we had our son. technically was it statutory rape? Some would say yes. However dh and I say no it wasn't. I want to hear from her not her parents.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 28, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Ok here is the deal.. 

My father and I had this discussion.. 

I personally think that if the 18 year old is in high school and still living the life of a child..ex living at home, goign to school.. etc.. You know the things that kids do.. Well I think they should still be treated like a teen.. 

Now If the Teen has Graduated School.. and is either entering the workforce or is on their way into collage or already in collage.. Then they should be either aware.. or made aware that they AREN'T a school kid anymore.. They are a Collage student.. and different behaviors and expectations are required of them.. KWIM?

My father on the other hand says.. NOPE! 

Once you become 18 you have had enough life experiance to know that you have reached the age of legal maturation.. and that You can no longer live as if you were a little kid.. 

That includes reckless living in general.. and specifically you can't go around doing things that the law expects ADULTS not to do.. because according to him.. AT 18 your an ADULT! IN THE EYES OF THE LAW!

Now there is a point to both sides.. But I put this post up here because I honest to God want to know.. 

What the majority of people have to say about this..?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 28, 2013 at 5:24 PM

I would still have to say yes..

You were technically above the age where you could give consent.. However he really should have known better than to have sex with a minor.. 

That being said.. You were above the legal age where you could give consent.. in 90% of the United States...

The girl in the story is 14.. and the other girl is 18... I think it makes it slightly different.. kwim..

Quoting Anonymous:

Idk I was 17 & my now dh was 20 when we had our son. technically was it statutory rape? Some would say yes. However dh and I say no it wasn't. I want to hear from her not her parents.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 28, 2013 at 5:32 PM
No I only told you when we had our son. We started having sex when I was 15 he was 18. Does that make a difference? When our grand parents married they were only 14-16. Why is it so different now?
I do agree that they should not be having sex, but if it is consensual then it should be left as is. Would the parents have freaked out if she was with a boy? Most don't.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would still have to say yes..

You were technically above the age where you could give consent.. However he really should have known better than to have sex with a minor.. 

That being said.. You were above the legal age where you could give consent.. in 90% of the United States...

The girl in the story is 14.. and the other girl is 18... I think it makes it slightly different.. kwim..

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN