Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help Needed (hair?) *pics*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
I know there are some stylist ladies here so I really need some help with my hair. I'm on the verge of chopping it all off again but I really don't want to. It's so thick and heavy that I'm getting headaches again. If I wash it and then go to bed all of the natural curl and wave comes out but if I brush it out it just gets frizzy and wavy and I hate it. What can I do with this hair? (Pics in comments)
Posted by Anonymous on May. 25, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 25, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 25, 2013 at 9:49 PM

indymom72
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 9:50 PM

have you tried having layers put in?  Your hair is very pretty...but I know how time consuming that must be!!

lauren.m
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2013 at 9:51 PM
My hair is thick but I like it long. My mil is a master hairdresser with a teaching license she thins mine to take the weight away but keep the length. Have u tried that?
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on May. 25, 2013 at 9:52 PM

CUT IT

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 25, 2013 at 9:52 PM

learn so more natural ways to take care of it. it makes a huge difference! i would do a semi perm color to help even it out and healthier. cut some layers into it and take off a few inches. see someone that really knows that they are doing and tell them to take the weight out if it. it takes up keep.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 25, 2013 at 9:52 PM
This is what it does if I don't touch it. I've thought about layers to take some of the weight off but I wasn't sure if the wave and curl would make it just look ratty.

Quoting indymom72:

have you tried having layers put in?  Your hair is very pretty...but I know how time consuming that must be!!

Mama110981
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Hey. Im a stylist/educator for a top brand company. Please feel free to PM me
digdug
by on May. 25, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Do layer it a bit maybe a few inches off but don't chop it. Comb your conditioner thru in the shower with as large beach comb. Also invest in a turbie towel and leave it up awhile after a shower. They are wonderful! Gd luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 25, 2013 at 9:57 PM
It's actually really healthy, no split ends or anything. It's in a bun 99% of the time because I just don't know what else to do with it and don't want to damage it. I have tried coconut oil and it's okay but it makes my hair too greasy. The color looks like crap right now because I've been grey for 10+ years and screwed up the last dye job. I'm giving it a break before I go back to my natural darker color.

Quoting Anonymous:

learn so more natural ways to take care of it. it makes a huge difference! i would do a semi perm color to help even it out and healthier. cut some layers into it and take off a few inches. see someone that really knows that they are doing and tell them to take the weight out if it. it takes up keep.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured