Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I feel it is my fault, that my daughter..

Posted by on May. 25, 2013 at 10:11 PM
  • 108 Replies

Mobile Photo

Is high/special needs.

I didn't always sleep on my left side during my pregnancy, I didn't have a great diet and I went from 150 to 210 pounds during the pregnancy. I was extremely stressed and didn't take my vitamins everyday. I let the doctor induce me 3 days early with no medical reason as to why and then I let them give me an epidural early because I just wanted to sleep.. I was so selfish and so ignorant and immature my daughter is suffering. I didn't push as hard as I should have with the breast milk I should have pumped ever hour. I should have tried harder.. I should have talked to her more worked with her on the floor more maybe then she would be "normal"

Don't get me wrong I love my daughter and I work hard with her and extra needs.. But deep down I know it's my fault she is this way and everytime I look at her and I have this big lump if guilt how do I tell her or anyone this. My ex said it to me the day after she was born. She was getting her blood drawn through a venal puncture and she didn't even wake up. He yelled " well maybe if you had taken all your vitamins and ate better our daughter would be ok!" I was do mad at him and so upset but he's right if I wasn't so selfish and immature maybe my little girl would be struggling and I wouldn't be getting diagnosis after diagnosis waiting and know they are soon going to officially diagnosis her with autism.

She has/ had: jaundice, hip displeasea, treachea melesea, failure to thrive, developmental delays, sensory disorders, high stranger anxiety, trenchea larnegeo melesea, acid reflux, sleep apenmea, low muscle tone. And maybe autism.

There she is my beautiful girl.. I wish I could go back and redo everything so she wouldn't be in this pain :(
by on May. 25, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on May. 25, 2013 at 10:13 PM
7 moms liked this

She's beautiful, and it isn't your fault.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 25, 2013 at 10:13 PM
2 moms liked this
I wasn't overweight , but I slept on my back and belly, didn't take my vitamins daily, stressed daily, but dd came out fine... None of that stuff caused your dd to become special needs.

(Hugs) mama.
ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2013 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this
She sure is pretty. Don't blame yourself.
AdVitam
by on May. 25, 2013 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this
It is NOT your fault. She's beautiful (: Take fault for that but not all the bad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 25, 2013 at 10:15 PM
3 moms liked this
Not all of that (if any) is your fault. My daughter has ftt, sleep disorder, and a seizure disorder and I did everything "right", including breastfeeding past 1 and rearfacing past 2. Sometimes, shit happens.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 25, 2013 at 10:17 PM
2 moms liked this
You pretty much described all three of my pregnancies and none of my kids are special needs. Sometimes babies are just born with problems and your baby daddy is a dick!
amanda_mom89
by on May. 25, 2013 at 10:18 PM
2 moms liked this

I was constantly forgetting my vitamins and I slept on my stomach my entire pregnancy (not intentionally..just rolled over that way in my sleep) and my daughter is not special needs.

You have no idea what caused your daughter to be special needs..you will never know for sure. There are women who do everything absolutely in line with all doctor recommendations who have special needs children.

So unless you drank or did drugs while pregnant..stop blaming yourself. Enjoy your daughter..she is beautiful and she looks so happy. :)

MamaSwan001
by on May. 25, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Ya he can be guess he has to be to make up for how small his dick really is.... Wow I'm sorry that was mean.. But thankyou, I just can't get over the feeling that its my fault

Quoting Anonymous:

You pretty much described all three of my pregnancies and none of my kids are special needs. Sometimes babies are just born with problems and your baby daddy is a dick!

two4one
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2013 at 10:20 PM
2 moms liked this

Nothing you did caused this to happen to you daughter. NOTHING.

PhoenixV
by on May. 25, 2013 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this
This

Quoting amanda_mom89:

I was constantly forgetting my vitamins and I slept on my stomach my entire pregnancy (not intentionally..just rolled over that way in my sleep) and my daughter is not special needs.

You have no idea what caused your daughter to be special needs..you will never know for sure. There are women who do everything absolutely in line with all doctor recommendations who have special needs children.

So unless you drank or did drugs while pregnant..stop blaming yourself. Enjoy your daughter..she is beautiful and she looks so happy. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN