Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Question to moms who's childrens fathers live far away....

Posted by on May. 25, 2013 at 11:27 PM
  • 50 Replies
1 mom liked this

My 5 year old sons father cheated on me in October, I found out and threw him out.  In November I started looking into moving 240 miles away to be near my family.  In December we got back together mainly because I am stupid and he said that he wanted to spend as much time as he could with me and the kids before I moved.  We did that.  Things were never the same between us.  I moved in April and have traveled the distince to bring my son to see his dad twice already.  I do not have the money to keep doing it, but feel obligated to in order for him to see his dad.  Mind you, my son doesn't even want to go and see him.  He never wants to talk on the phone to him, he is hurt and his hurt is caused by our arguing.  He has seen his dad be abusive toward me a lot.  We had a rough ten years.  Our relationship was not stable and he was controlling and abusive in every way.  He wants to see his son for Fathers Day weekend (which is also his birthday weekend) but   A) I don't want to be around him, he wants me to take him back and I am weak.... oh so very weak.  B) He will not help me with ANY money.   He as a matter of fact has asked me for money and I gave it.  I am hurting now and cannot afford the gas and turnpike tolls.  Not to mention food and any other money spent.  It is difficult for me.  

What would you do???  How do you work out long distance visitation with children??  Should I be responsible since I chose to move and took his son??  Please give me some advice.

by on May. 25, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 25, 2013 at 11:28 PM
?????
blondieinva80
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 11:28 PM
What's the question?
tysmommy98
by on May. 25, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Thats a great question. Let me think about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jj4ij
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Please go back and read....  I had to edit, posted too quickly.

Quoting Anonymous:

?????

jj4ij
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Please go back and read, I posted it by accident before I typed my question....

Quoting blondieinva80:

What's the question?

jj4ij
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Question is posted now, I hit to post before I typed my question.  

Quoting tysmommy98:

Thats a great question. Let me think about it.

wyomom4
by on May. 25, 2013 at 11:40 PM

For us, the cost was split 50/50.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 25, 2013 at 11:41 PM

unless your are court ordered to, then nope. my ex doesnt have a problem with it, but he comes here to visit our DD. 

Amanda52007
by on May. 25, 2013 at 11:42 PM
50/50.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 25, 2013 at 11:42 PM

My ex and I lived about 9 hours apart, ever since we got divorced.  

We have always split the driving.  Either we both drive half way, or one drives in the beginning of the visit and the other drives back.

Once gas prices started really going up, we found that it was easier to travel by planes.  Of course, our son was a teen by the time we started doing that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)