Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

PTSD...are you dealing with it? ETA added

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
This is a serious mental epidemic hurting our nation in more ways than most people realize. The largest group effected by this is our military, they see shit many of us never will. They barely get offered enough therapy to even begin healing. Another large group are survivors of rape, women are the most judgemental in regards to "get over it!" towards each other. Survivors of domestic violence are treated with the same attitudes. Why do so many people have such a lack of empathy and understanding when it comes to PTSD? Have you been diagnosed with PTSD? Stemming from what type of trauma? How are you getting through it?

Please realize that this is my opinion based on experience and observation. I am in no way stating any of this as FACT.

I have PTSD stemming from a violent assault and rape. My goal and my hope is that enough of us share our battles, we might ease the "stigma" of judgemental ignorance.

My questions above are personal I know, so answer anon if you wish to share.

ETA: I have been reading all of your replies so far, and I want to send (((hugs))) to each of you. You're very brave for sharing anon or not. Thank You. Its relieving to know that there's others out there who truly understand what PTSD does to your life isn't it? I am thinking about creating a PTSD online support group. Would any of you consider joining the group? We would be able to talk to each other knowing without fear or worry of being judged because we are having a bad time. We would be able to support each other. It's such a shame that we all know the stigma of judgemental assholes. We need to support each other. Don't you think? Please keep sharing, its so important, especially since it helps other PTSD sufferers realize they are not alone.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 26, 2013 at 2:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2013 at 2:59 AM
I have ptsd and yes I'm treating it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 26, 2013 at 2:59 AM
BUMP CUZ THIS ONE IS GOOD
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on May. 26, 2013 at 3:01 AM

I have it as a result of a traumatic event my son endured back in 2010.  IMO he has it as well but they dx him with anxiety instead.  

3 years later and he is still afraid of large objects.  He'll make comments like 'don't let it fall on me'  :*(  I have flashbacks & nightmares of that day.  I also had a great deal with guilt but i'm finally learning to forgive myself and accept it as an accident.   I'm in therapy and was dx by my psychiatrist.

I'm blessed to have my son be alive & well <3

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 26, 2013 at 3:02 AM
I do from rape. And no i'm not treating it. I feel like I should just get ovwr it ob my own, because that's what eveeyone has told me to do. And everyone said I was weak if I got help for it.
momofpreemieboy
by on May. 26, 2013 at 3:02 AM

I have ptsd due to rape child abuse and DV

stephy87
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2013 at 3:05 AM
I have it from childhood abuse and relationship abuse/torture. Literal torture. I see a trauma therapist once a week and regular counselor once a week. (So I go twice a week). It's been incredibly helpful!

I was given a grant because of the severity of the abuse and police report. They pay for as much trauma therapy as I need. I can't explain how grateful I am.

If someone needs some advice or help you can message me. :) I'm not perfectly healed but I can offer great support.

stephy87
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2013 at 3:07 AM
You most likely cannot handle this yourself. I can help you out if you'd like? I'm not a therapist (yet lol) but I'm going through therapy and learning a lot!

Quoting Anonymous:

I do from rape. And no i'm not treating it. I feel like I should just get ovwr it ob my own, because that's what eveeyone has told me to do. And everyone said I was weak if I got help for it.
cjsix
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2013 at 3:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Let me offer the hope that you can live through ptsd and come out stronger on the other side...I know it doesn't seem like it while you are in the midst of the struggle and the struggle can be really difficult but,I promise you it gets better,soooooo much better!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 26, 2013 at 3:10 AM

I haven't been diagnosed but I do have it. From dv and rape by my ex husband.

stephy87
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2013 at 3:11 AM
3 moms liked this
People think of PTSD as something weak people develop. That's far from the truth. We are traumatized by something greater than we can handle. It affects us in ways it may not effect others. It doesn't make anyone weak. It takes someone strong to stand up and say "I need help. Lets do this."
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)