Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Name something that is tacky.

Posted by   + Show Post
It can be anything at all.

I'll start: Gangsta Tweety Bird anything.

Your turn.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 26, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Replies (41-50):
harpsichord
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Pain pills that aren't prescribed to who is taking them or just pain pills in general?

Quoting Anonymous:

Birthday cake bought with foodstamps, pain pills.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by on May. 26, 2013 at 9:33 AM
7 moms liked this

glue

RobinBright
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2013 at 9:34 AM
2 moms liked this

lol, two separate issues here-- YES!!! NJ really is that boring.  We have KILLER beaches, but that's about it.  Otherwise, it is alternating pockets of "white bread suburb," "cows and tomatoes," and "don't go out in the dark because you WILL get killed gang territory."

I haven't been privy to any massive welfare fraud in NJ (I live in a heavily Orthodox Jewish neighborhood and PA just..... doesn't happen.  The community supports its members, no govt reliance).  When I lived in Brooklyn, on the other hand.... yeah, fraud abounded.  

People would stand on a particular corner near my job, where there was a Shop Rite on one corner and a PC Richards on the other, and openly sell their food stamps to buy electronics.  

All the time.  

ALL the time.  

Trashed late 80s minivans with spinning rims and neon undercarriage lights packed with young adults wearing giant fur coats and 59/50 caps lined the street by the methadone clinic.  

It was delightful.  And it made me really, really sad for the people who genuinely need assistance.

Quoting harpsichord:

Really, people talk about it all the time? Like, just go out in public and you're bound to hear someone bragging and welfare fraud?

I guess what I'm really asking is, is NJ really that boring? 

Keep an open mind--
but not so open that your brain falls out. 

harpsichord
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2013 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I bought that exact same thing at Walmart yesterday, lol weird

Quoting Pnukey:

glue

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RobinBright
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2013 at 9:35 AM
2 moms liked this

Unfortunately, there are some moms in this group who proudly ignored that memo, lol

Quoting harpsichord:

Lol @ frosty white lipstick. So 90s.

Quoting RobinBright:

Frosty white lipstick.  

Long acrylics. 

Acting superior to people in service jobs (waiters, housekeepers, dry cleaners).

Rashonda. 

Keep an open mind--
but not so open that your brain falls out. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on May. 26, 2013 at 9:35 AM

in my town we have a local head start which is free daycare basically, for 4 hours a day for children ages 3-5 you can ONLY bring your child here if you are on some type of welfare, food stamps, cash assistance, and so on, there are income guidelines. well, while dropping a friends child off one day there was a mother there in a BRAND NEW Audi. - those are nice cars.! she was dropping off her 2 kids. and bragging about how her husband got her the car. so clearly they have money they lied about something and are using up 2 spots that someone who needed it could be using!

Quoting harpsichord:

I have never actually seen / heard that happening irl. But apparently it's quite the hot topic among CafeMom-ers and the people they're surrounded by.

Quoting URHonor:

Bragging about PA...

spooky415
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2013 at 9:36 AM
My co-worker.
harpsichord
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2013 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this
:3 that an actual answer!

That's sad though you're right about that for sure.

Quoting RobinBright:

lol, two separate issues here-- YES!!! NJ really is that boring.  We have KILLER beaches, but that's about it.  Otherwise, it is alternating pockets of "white bread suburb," "cows and tomatoes," and "don't go out in the dark because you WILL get killed gang territory."

I haven't been privy to any massive welfare fraud in NJ (I live in a heavily Orthodox Jewish neighborhood and PA just..... doesn't happen.  The community supports its members, no govt reliance).  When I lived in Brooklyn, on the other hand.... yeah, fraud abounded.  

People would stand on a particular corner near my job, where there was a Shop Rite on one corner and a PC Richards on the other, and openly sell their food stamps to buy electronics.  

All the time.  

ALL the time.  

Trashed late 80s minivans with spinning rims and neon undercarriage lights packed with young adults wearing giant fur coats and 59/50 caps lined the street by the methadone clinic.  

It was delightful.  And it made me really, really sad for the people who genuinely need assistance.

Quoting harpsichord:

Really, people talk about it all the time? Like, just go out in public and you're bound to hear someone bragging and welfare fraud?

I guess what I'm really asking is, is NJ really that boring? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on May. 26, 2013 at 9:37 AM
7 moms liked this

Wearing slutty clothes to your kids functions.   Daisy dukes and a bikini top is not appropriate for a t-ball game.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 26, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Either way, prescribed pills can and will turn into addiction if not careful. I know of 4 people who died this year from pills and I know countless people addicted to them.

Quoting harpsichord:

Pain pills that aren't prescribed to who is taking them or just pain pills in general?

Quoting Anonymous:

Birthday cake bought with foodstamps, pain pills.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN