Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Name something that is tacky.

Posted by   + Show Post
It can be anything at all.

I'll start: Gangsta Tweety Bird anything.

Your turn.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 26, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Replies (601-607):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 73 on May. 28, 2013 at 9:48 AM

So what do you suggest? I only wear jeans I don't wear shorts like it has been pointed out shorts on bigger girls is tacky. 

Quoting Karenjm:

I did not say you should wear a swimsuit anywhere. I just think it's tacky to wear especially jeans when swimming.
Quoting Anonymous:

Ummm sorry I'm not comfy enough in my own body. Why should I have to wear a swim suite? I don't even wear shorts outside of my home. I will wear jeans in the ocean, lake and river over a swim suite.

Quoting Karenjm:

Swimming in the ocean with clothes on instead of a bathing suite.  I see a lot of people swimming in jeans like it's cool.

Jessiejem
by on May. 28, 2013 at 12:13 PM

I can think of a LOT of things that are tacky -

Clothing wise- Open toed shoes with stockings , too tight clothes regardless of body size  , crocs in public, pjs in public , any outfit that you can see your undergarments through or hanging out

Etiquette wise - throwing your own bridal/ baby shower or any form of self gift solicitation , showing up late to a party  , walking into a party or someones home empty handed,  under dressing for weddings or other special occasions , not hand writing thank you cards , buying a garment you cannot afford wearing and returning it, not holding the door open for the person behind you, bumping into someone and not saying excuse me

I can go on and on with etiquette , but most of that stems from having no class

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on May. 28, 2013 at 1:20 PM
I actually agree to a point. I think if a tattoo has meaning, and isn't overly large, then that's okay. My brother passed away in 2008; I have his name tattooed on the inside of my wrist. But I have a customer who has a Hello Kitty tat on her boob. I mean, seriously? You're 30 years old!

Quoting Anonymous:

Okay I am gonna get heck for this but...... I think TATTOOS are way tacky.

There i said it

I feel better.

Thanks for listening even if you don't agree.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on May. 28, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Why?

Quoting LucyHourglass:

tacky... wearing red to a wedding.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyHourglass
by on May. 28, 2013 at 2:12 PM

its tradition, you arent supposed to wear red to a wedding (unless of course its the wedding colors and encouraged) because it takes away from the bride. because red is such a "look at me im sexy" color.

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

Why?

Quoting LucyHourglass:

tacky... wearing red to a wedding.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Non-vaccinating, breastfeeding/mixfeeding with an SNS, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, instinctive parenting, anti-CIO,  crunchy momma of one happy little baby boy. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 88 on Jun. 1, 2013 at 7:15 PM
I agree!!! Put some clothes on!!! Bitch probably gets food stamps and lives at home with mommy and daddy anyway!! My mother has Crohn's even has an ileostomy and never ONCE has she gone to a store in her PJ's!!! She has more class than that, and wouldn't embarrass(her words, not mine, she's right next to me reading this. Well, laughing, really, saying this girl is making her "sickness" an excuse) us kids like that! Yeah, I'm sure somewhere this lady had a pair of sweats!!!

Quoting AprilJ24:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 88 on Jun. 1, 2013 at 7:34 PM
I just got home from the store and the lady checking out in front of me paid for her purchase with a food stamp card, but was texting on her new Iphone 5!! decked out with a case and all! I know it was that kind of phone because I have the same. I just kind of shook my head, then went about my business. As I was loading my groceries and 3 daughters into our car, I heard the same lady tell holler to her child, "stop crying we will pick up Burger King in a minute" I look to wear the voice was coming from and she's strapping her child into a carseat in a brand new (paper tag still on it) Ford Taurus!! Thats like a $28,000 car! Really?!?!? Ok, so the car could have not been hers, the phone too(unlikely) but how are you going to pay for your food with FS then turn around and tell your child you will buy them Burger King? Because people abuse our system, and THAT is tacky!!!!!!! I work HARD to provide my family with what they need and the occasional nice things, but it bothers me when these moms abuse our assistance program!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN