Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you allow your 12 yr old dd go on a weekend trip with her bf?

Posted by   + Show Post
Yeah, just found out my parents let my 12 year old sister go to the beach for the weekend with her boyfriend and his mom. Would you?

I personally think it's a parenting fail. My parents believe that because she goes to church and does well in school that she won't be sexually active. Smh..

My other sister and I told them we're taking her to get birth control and they got upset. Why? If they'll let her be in a compromising situation, she may as well be protected to some extent..
by on May. 26, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Replies (31-40):
mommybug77
by on May. 26, 2013 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Why does a 12 year old have a boyfriend? No, my girls don't go on over night trips with the opposite sex.
BEXi
by BEXi on May. 26, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Day trip? Sure. If it's overnight, then no.

slm047
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2013 at 11:09 AM
My parents let me go to the beach when I was 15 with a guy I ended up dating for 4 years. They let me because they trusted the parents. However, the parents let us sleep in a room alone..
They've met her boyfriend's mom once. How well do you know someone at that point?

Quoting Anonymous:

I would, if their is a parent. Of course. I used to go on trips with my bf and his family all the time, the ones that required a hotel room, I just stayed with him mom and he stayed with his dad. I was 15 when that started, and 20 when our relationship ended.

aandt1999
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2013 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

She's 12, so there is no boyfriend. There is school. Music. Clothes. Friends. Family. NO boyfriend. There's plenty of time for that in the future.

lesliemck86
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Really inappropriate for a 12 yr old, and I wouldn't even let them call it a bf/gf. When they're old enough to be picked up/dropped off for an official date (at least 16/17), then they can use the word "bf/gf". 

stephyk
by Stephanie on May. 26, 2013 at 11:11 AM

No way

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 26, 2013 at 11:12 AM
First off what the hell is a 12 year old doing with a boyfriend in the first place!? Secondly no way would I condone my 12 yr old DD going anywhere with her supposed boyfriend.
mybabybugssmile
by on May. 26, 2013 at 11:12 AM
A 12 year old would not have a boyfriend.
numonestunar
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Sure as long as I knew his parents. I was able to do co ed outings at a young age. It was always fun, no sexy stuff went on...
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 26, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Hmm that's true, one meeting would make me iffy too. My parents hated my bfs parents for the longest time, (and actually the mom sort of hated me too) until our first snowboarding trip and that changed everyones view on everyone. She's now one of my best friends. It really depends on comfort level I guess. Maybe make for a coffee date or something before hand and ease nerves, discuss it and make a decision that way if its a consideration?

Quoting slm047:

My parents let me go to the beach when I was 15 with a guy I ended up dating for 4 years. They let me because they trusted the parents. However, the parents let us sleep in a room alone..

They've met her boyfriend's mom once. How well do you know someone at that point?

Quoting Anonymous:

I would, if their is a parent. Of course. I used to go on trips with my bf and his family all the time, the ones that required a hotel room, I just stayed with him mom and he stayed with his dad. I was 15 when that started, and 20 when our relationship ended.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured