Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you allow your 12 yr old dd go on a weekend trip with her bf?

Posted by   + Show Post
Yeah, just found out my parents let my 12 year old sister go to the beach for the weekend with her boyfriend and his mom. Would you?

I personally think it's a parenting fail. My parents believe that because she goes to church and does well in school that she won't be sexually active. Smh..

My other sister and I told them we're taking her to get birth control and they got upset. Why? If they'll let her be in a compromising situation, she may as well be protected to some extent..
by on May. 26, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Replies (41-50):
slm047
by on May. 26, 2013 at 11:13 AM
His mom went. The problem, other parents can be too trusting as well. I went to the beach with a bf and his parents let us sleep in a room alone. Who is to say her boyfriend's mom didn't allow the same?

Quoting Anonymous:

Why not? My son was a single child, he always had a friend with him on vacations.

She didn't go alone did she? She went with the parents right? 

mom2boys664
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2013 at 11:14 AM
I went on a month long family vacation with my boyfriend at that age- his family was very religious and strict and nothing more than a few stolen kisses happened. If I felt it was that type of situation then yes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on May. 26, 2013 at 11:14 AM
3 moms liked this

Fail times 2.

1. 12 yr old having BF

2.  Letting them leave town together  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on May. 26, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Who's to say they would?

Quoting slm047:

His mom went. The problem, other parents can be too trusting as well. I went to the beach with a bf and his parents let us sleep in a room alone. Who is to say her boyfriend's mom didn't allow the same?

Quoting Anonymous:

Why not? My son was a single child, he always had a friend with him on vacations.

sam12796
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Not in my lifetime. No way no how.

slm047
by on May. 26, 2013 at 11:16 AM
And I can understand that too. But only meeting the mom once, why would you chance that? 12 year olds can get pregnant.

Quoting Anonymous:

Who's to say they would?

Quoting slm047:

Quoting Anonymous:

Adored45
by on May. 26, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Oxymoron! I wouldn't allow a twelve yr old to have a boyfriend or call a friendship anything else...

RoseWall
by on May. 26, 2013 at 11:19 AM

no.

meka26
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Hell no. DD would not be vacationing with any boy (that's not family) at that age. She would not have a boyfriend either.

SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2013 at 11:19 AM

No that is not okay

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN