Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Well damnit if your kid is that allergic to everything then dont bring him to the damn party.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 188 Replies
3 moms liked this
My dds 6th birthday party is in a few days. this will be her first birthday party with more than 10 guests.

we.ve got tons of family, friends, her friends from school and daycare.

ive got tons of things planned.

and sil expects me to change everything for her precious snow flake of a son who is apperantly allergic to everything on the planet.

i dont even think he has a tenth of the problems she claims he does- i think shes just a nut. although i havent told her that.

she wanted me to move it inside instead of outside because 'being outsite will trigger his allergies'

i told her i was making dd an amazing fudge cake. she said 'well Q is allergic to chocolate. thats not very fair'

i reminded her that there was also going to be vanilla and strawberry cup cakes and that dd wants chocolate cake.

she says 'well its still not fair that he wont get a regular piece of cake. he.ll be stuck with a cupcake with no frosting'

i asked why no frosting and she says hes lactose intolerant.

last night i started making candy for the party and she freaked over my peanut butter balls saying that i cant serve them because hes allergic to peanuts.

now last month this kid had ZERO food allergies.

and when i sent out invites to dds party i specified that i needed to know about food allergies and explained why.

i had two mothers respond. one little boy is allergic to strawberries. and a little girl is diabetic, her mother told me because shes one of the few mothers who cant stay at the party. which is fine. no strawberries. and im diabetic too so i understand. and i have a sugar free equivalent to everything.

but sil marked that there were NO FOOD ALLERGIES.

and now shes saying that i cant serve:

pizza
chocolate.
the peanutbutter cookies, the candy or mixed nuts.
ice cream
or the pinapple 7 up punch
because hes lactose intolerant, allergic to nuts, chocolate, pinapple and carmel.

that i cant have it outside because of his out door allergies.

and that i cant serve chips, poppers, pinwheels, juices and several other things because she doesnt allow him to eat those. she doesnt want him eating the hot dog7 or hamburger7 either.

no. no. no. hell no.

i am not changing this entiRe party for him.

i tried to be understanding and sensitive. but its not possible. to make this party 'safe' for him id have to change every fucking thing and not serve food.

a month ago this kid had no allergies!

sil is mad now. i told her id already made changes to accomodate him. im not changing anything else. she can either watch him and make sure he doesnt eat or touch anything or she can keep him home.

ugh
Posted by Anonymous on May. 26, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TaughtTot
by on May. 26, 2013 at 12:05 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 26, 2013 at 12:06 PM
I should add, she wanted me to not have a bouncy house, ball pit or inflatable slide because she doesnt want him on them.

and wanted me to not have a pinata cause she doesnt think its safe -.-
Cmgmqmmom
by Sass Queen on May. 26, 2013 at 12:06 PM
4 moms liked this

I have nothing nice or productive to say about your SIL, her "precious snowflake" attitude she has with her son, or with people whose kids magically develop food allergies.

Yes, people have food allergies. Yes, they are severe and people can die (my mom will die if she eats shellfish). However, it sounds like she is just doing it to have her kid be "special". I don't know why she'd want to, but....people like attention....sometimes the wrong kind is better than none.

HandMmom12
by Jody on May. 26, 2013 at 12:06 PM
15 moms liked this
It's your daughters party. She should have the things she likes. If SIL is making a big deal out of it, have her bring food to accommodate her sons allergies. I wouldn't change a thing.
RichardsMom0209
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2013 at 12:06 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree with you. You shouldn't have to redo your entire menu just for one child. She should just watch him to make sure he doesn't eat anything he shouldn't.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on May. 26, 2013 at 12:07 PM
This

Quoting HandMmom12:

It's your daughters party. She should have the things she likes. If SIL is making a big deal out of it, have her bring food to accommodate her sons allergies. I wouldn't change a thing.
ouchienurse
by Member on May. 26, 2013 at 12:07 PM
2 moms liked this
Why in the world would you change the whole party for 1 kid? His mom needs to get a grip. As long as there is something he can eat and drink its not a big deal. So what if he can't have the cake, he gets a cupcake and he's going to have to get used to not being able to have what everyone else does. If she is that worried about it she can bring something for him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 26, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Yeah I would do whatever. My kid is lactose intolerant. If they have milk products we just have water or something without milk. My son is a super picky eater. If it's a problem what's being served then we eat before we go. I never understand these needy moms. My kids also have sensitive skin and have had ear surgeries. We have went to a pool party before and did other things instead of play in the pool. She needs to get over herself.
dblhlx
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2013 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I have several food allergies myself, but I wouldn't want the party to be changed just for me. If he has so many "allergies" then she should bring his own seperate approved items or just not come at all. Maybe make him eat before the party and bring snacks and drinks for him just in case he gets hungry while he's there. Your sister in law sounds like a nut job.
MorganTho
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2013 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree actually, and for my dds party I tried to include an alternative for friends with allergies. Tell her not to bring him if it's that bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)