Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm Proud to be White!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 177 Replies
9 moms liked this

Ok so there was a bday party at my house yesterday for me & a friend.

Well her husband who is bit of an ass (yes she knows this & they've separated twice) was there & he isn't from the states & has dark olive skin.

Anyway, I'm rather white & got sunburn over the week & my arms are peeling. I HATE it & if it wasn't so warm I'd wear long sleeves. I feel like a snake shedding skin, lol.

Well he came over & says "I see your white is coming out" and poked at my skin. I just said "yup tends to happen when you get sunburn."  To which he said "so glad I'm not white & have ugly sensitive skin like that." (mind you his wife is whiter than I am) I just looked at him & said "I'm proud of being white, my skin color is a part of me & I embrace it flakiness & all."  He asked "do you have a flag saying that too?"  I told him "yup it is called my Polish flag." He said "same thing" and walked off.

WTH, be pissy but if your proud of your dark olive skin I'm going to be proud of my white freckled sunburned skin as well!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 26, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 26, 2013 at 2:33 PM
8 moms liked this

All the black people will say you are being racist. God forbid you like your race.

raeyliNlilysmom
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2013 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Aw :( I.feel your.pain I burn soooo bad!!!!! Lol just ignore.him! Haters.gonna.hate! I love all types of.skin color! I.wish.I.had natural.tan.skin.....but, alas..... I am.pastey....
mamabearjkda
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2013 at 2:35 PM
2 moms liked this

It's a double standard. A ridiculous double standard but a double standard anyways. All you can do is shrug it off and do your best to ignore him. He sounds like a complete and total douche waffle. 

numonestunar
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Im glad I tan well. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2013 at 2:36 PM

This man is ALWAYS talking about how beutiful his DD's skin is compared to my DD's & how beautiful olive skin is & says he wishes his wife had that skin (well then you should've married someone w/olive skin bc we can't change it).

I don't let my DD go over there anymore bc he's made comments about her skin being ugly & she has come home crying.

If I'm racist for what I said or for standing up for my DD before so be it, but what does that make him?  I wish she would just finally leave him, he's already cheated on her twice that she knows of.

Quoting Anonymous:

All the black people will say you are being racist. God forbid you like your race.

URHonor
by Rotten.Girl on May. 26, 2013 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm Italian and get a nice tan. I'd rather be slightly darker.
dallascowboys82
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2013 at 2:37 PM
I feel your pain, I am half Irish and burn no matter how much sunblock I use. So I try not to go out during the hottest time of the day. And if I do go out I make sure I have sunblock on even if only protects me just a bit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I use to. Always very white during the winter but would get a nice tan during the summer.

But years ago when I had my DD & then had some health issues I just don't tan like I use to. But that is ok, I refuse to be unhappy w/myself ya know:)

Quoting numonestunar:

Im glad I tan well. Lol

numonestunar
by Platinum Member on May. 26, 2013 at 2:39 PM
I know how ya feel. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I use to. Always very white during the winter but would get a nice tan during the summer.

But years ago when I had my DD & then had some health issues I just don't tan like I use to. But that is ok, I refuse to be unhappy w/myself ya know:)

Quoting numonestunar:

Im glad I tan well. Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 26, 2013 at 2:40 PM

My point is that I'm awful for being white & apparently it is ok for him to be proud of his skin but not ok for me to be proud of mine.

He was being an ass.

Quoting URHonor:

I'm Italian and get a nice tan. I'd rather be slightly darker.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)